Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
milanstojanov

I guess 158 pages over 3 years isn't a “significant volume” of complaints...

SalahEddineBC

Spotify continues to ignore the fact that they are being anti-competitive, users been asking for this feature since 3 years ago and spotify doesn't seem to care. Bring airplay 2 support ffs

lucasmacedo

This is disappointing. Why is this so hard? The APIs are out there, just go do your jobs.

OutofSpc

Almost 6k votes and 159 pages of comments and no action from Spotify. They just don’t want to enable it because of the pissing match they have with Apple. Listen to your users!

atinsley

It's seriously absurd that we have to come into the forums for this support.

Add native Homepod support.

prinzmaus

Spotify needs to either kill this idea as "won't implement", or give a date where implementation will be started/completed. It's been three years since Spotify (rightfully) complained about Apple's anti-competitive behavior. Now, three years on, it feels the opposite is true.

louis891

Please add native HomePod support. Been waiting for this for a while.

y-_x5hrs61mw

Please add HomePod support

marchment

Would love to use Spotify if they supported HomePod. But, instead, I'm subbed to Apple Music Premium because there is zero support for Siri to control Spotify.

I agree that this is just a pissing match between Spotify and Apple. It's funny how Spotify cried out about the lack of support back in 2019 and then when Apple added it in 2020 there was just radio silence. 

I would have voted here sooner if I knew about this feature vote page. Found out via http://macrumors.com. Hopefully more will come and vote!

donedamned

We need this. 😣

Please team Spotify, we know you can make it happen. 🙃🙂