Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Implement Native HomePod Support

Details

Just this week at WWDC (June 22, 2020), Apple announced support for third party music services on the HomePod.  I'm requesting that Spotify implement native support for the HomePod such that one or even multiple HomePods will appear in the "Connect to a device" menu on any Apple device WITHOUT having to connect through Airplay.  This will also allow users to ask Siri to play songs from Spotify on their HomePod(s). 

Apple is opening up the HomePod, and I know there are many other HomePod users that would love to have native Spotify support on their speaker. 

Resources

Please upvote this idea to garner attention for it.  Thank you Spotify and the Spotify community.  Let's get this implemented so it's ready for general iOS 14 release this September!

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
dalboi-nz

Extremely disappointed that nothing has been done about this yet. I have alway supported Spotify and we currently have a family plan. we are now seriously considering leaving Spotify to move to Apple Music. Ideally we would like to stay with Spotify, but the HomePod offers us much more than the Alexa. More and more people are going to buy HomePods and they are becoming very popular here in New Zealand. Times are changing and you need to as well.

Disappointed Spotify, very disappointed.

Noelstorm

It´s gone two years since the homepod mini was released and you still don´t support it (natively)?!?!?!?!?!?

nicolaslambert8

Losing old costumers to apple music.
Discouraging new users with iPhones (teenagers,...) to get hooked on, still the best, music algorithm.

Apple's algorithm getting better every year. 

Ensuring us all that the next implementation for the apple community will not happen either. 

U've become an old man Spotify. 

Oipat

Ich bin seit einigen Jahren bei Spotify, aber seit längerem sehe ich keinen Fortschritt mehr. Ihr ruht euch auf euren Lorbeeren aus. Das wird euch zum Verhängnis.

- Kein Lossless etc.

- Keine HomePod integration

- Keine Möglichkeit Playlisten nur mit ausgewählten Personen bearbeiten zu können.

Apple Music ist noch nicht soweit aber holt sich immer mehr Nutzer. Die Playlisten sind da noch unterirdisch und nicht so gut, aber sie werden immer besser. Das ist Fortschritt.

pyrhockz

This might just make me switch to apple music after almost 10 years on Spotify…

tryingtothink
It made me. I should have done it sooner. No regrets. I don't think I'd
switch back now. And that is not loyalty to big tech talking as I believe
we are mostly just numbers to them.
marvinvr

Just decided to give apple music another shot too, i'll probably switch. Spotify has been so slow on some features like this one or proper Apple Watch support, Spatial audio support on Mac, Equalizer on Mac... the list goes on

baruchz

Same here, I love Spotify but I'm on Apple ecosystem so will have to move to Apple Music...

WhyDontYouDoIt

Still nothing, years after.

Trash Spotify managment.

Absolutely useless.

But hey, they keep changing iOS home page on the app! What a useful feature! Unbelievably trash.

kayakmangalway

Wow, I moved to Apple recently for the privacy and while setting up home automation I came across this thread.  

TWO YEARS of people asking for HomePod support.   Guess I’ll be cancelling my family Spotify account