Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Landscape mode on iPhone

Hello folks!

Since we just released "Landscape Mode on Android" and we marked the idea as "implemented", we wanted it to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments were supporting Android half iPhone) so we have created this idea just for you iPhone users!

We have also added half of the kudos to be entirely fair.

Give it some kudos if you want to see this implemented.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After talking to the iOS team, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now' as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
PhilipCologne

Landscape modus is important for Iphone user also, the only reason they don't vote or beg for it is, that they have better things to do. But if you need it here we go: Please include some thing what has to be normal in an app like yours.

Landscape modus !

Ashayazu

Is there any status update for this? I need it 🙂

rhythm--

So - I‘m new to this iPhone iOS stuff - have been using android for years. And there’s lots of features I’m missing in general but that’s another story 😞

I’m used to mount my phone in landscape mode when I’m driving my car. And I’m used to listen to my beloved Spotify while driving. 

that’s over now 😞

I can’t believe you Spotify guys are just like „not right now“ for years. 

ianlopesrn

Por gentileza criar.

ianlopesrn

Como vou usar no carro sem ter o modo paisagem?

sebastenti

hola, es una gran propuesta poder implementar el modo landscape... por favor!! Saludos y gracias

Fodder_Fodder

It is very disappointing that landscape mode is available on Android phones but not Iphones.  You really dropped the ball on this one.   

Basherwalls

Still no landscape mode for Spotify...

reading the ‘solution’ I see it was decided not to enable landscape mode on iPhones after speaking to ‘the iOS team‘.

Reading between the lines, Apple are blocking Spotify from being useful in the car, it seems no one at Apple owns a car as if they did they would enable a CarPlay app interface directly on the phone with intergrated Spotify, all in landscape mode, just like selected car stereo’s already do.

juan_martinez78

Seems to make more sense now that iPhone has stereo sound and stage totally changes when turning phone sideways.

sa124

Seven years! This has been floating in the community for seven years and it’s still “not now”.