Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Landscape mode on iPhone

Hello folks!

Since we just released "Landscape Mode on Android" and we marked the idea as "implemented", we wanted it to be fair with iPhone users (half of the comments were supporting Android half iPhone) so we have created this idea just for you iPhone users!

We have also added half of the kudos to be entirely fair.

Give it some kudos if you want to see this implemented.

Thanks.

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After talking to the iOS team, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now' as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
Cwew

the same thread for android has 294 upvotes, we have 2913.  why isn't this done yet?

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-05-23

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

After talking to the iOS team, we're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now' as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

5tqurhbkror9njn
And WHY is it you think this is "not important right now"? I am very interested in knowing your argument.

Best regards
C
MB053

What is the pint of bringing up ideas is somting so wanted and easy gets the NRN startus ? i got a XS Max, Geat is you want to change a song or playlist in the car in front of a traffic light now i neet to turn my head or get the phone out the stand couse is my phone is not horizontal in the stand i cant see trough the window (Y)

Great work UHUM.

sapasss

Why? We now know why, it's exactly for this reason that they REMOVED landscape mode on Android 2 months ago (see here) :

"OK guys, today we got the answer : Spotify presented their new gadget, the Car Thing, a hardware product designed to use Spotify in a car! So in fact they did want to break the landscape function so they can sell their fukin hardware for stupid customers. Hmmm... Ok bye Spotify, as said by another user, I tried Amazon music and guess what? It has a Perfect landscape mode. "

MB053

Well then to Sporify guess what i alredy got a gedget for in the car and every were else it cald a smartphone. so not in a bilion years i wil buy jet an other peace of electronic to put in the car i was so happy with bluetooth, so the stupid FM dongles can go.

kayizzi
Sure Amazon has landscape mode? I cannot see that.
kayizzi

@sapasss wrote:

Why? We now know why, it's exactly for this reason that they REMOVED landscape mode on Android 2 months ago (see here) :

"OK guys, today we got the answer : Spotify presented their new gadget, the Car Thing, a hardware product designed to use Spotify in a car! So in fact they did want to break the landscape function so they can sell their fukin hardware for stupid customers. Hmmm... Ok bye Spotify, as said by another user, I tried Amazon music and guess what? It has a Perfect landscape mode. "

You sure about the landscape mode on Amazon music? I cannot see it.

sapasss

I'm sure on Android (my original post is about landscape mode which has disappeared on Android). I have no iPhone anymore so I can't say for iOS, sorry. BTW it doesn't change that Spotify decided to make this request as 'not for now' because they want to sell their ridiculous hardware 'The Car Thing'. 

charlestonchris
This is a safety concern when driving, and if you don't address it, you'll be liable for any car accidents that occur.  You guys have the capability to have landscape view for iOS and Android, however, you are now selling a product for the car.  So obviously profits are coming above safety.  Shame on you, Spotify!