Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone Xs, iPad Pro (2019), and AirPods Pro

Operating System

iOS 14 and iPadOS 14

My Question or Issue

With iOS 14, Apple released automatic source switching between different apple devices depending on which source emits audio. If I have spotify open on both devices, and try and play music on either one, spotify connect and the switching goes into a loop where the AirPods Pro bounce between devices. I can pause, but that doesn’t help. I have to quit spotify on one of the devices to fix it.

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you taking the time to report this issue here. All the information you shared has been passed on to the right folks and they are looking into it.

In order to investigate further, we will need to gather more details. Could you share a video of what's happening exactly? That'd really help the right team to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again!

Comments
dafnelately

This still happens to me, both MacOS & iOS apps both up to date. It's really frustrating because once Spotify Connect loads, even with the iOS app closed, it repeats the cycle where the Airpods are switched from the Macbook to the iPhone, MacOS then pauses the song in Spotify, and then Spotify on iOS follows suit and pauses as well. I'm curious if this is a minority issue cause it would be odd if nobody at Spotify actually faces this issue.

rdegroot_1995

Hi there people,

Just found a quick fix, disable "Devices lock screen" on your iPhone and iPad in the settings under devices.
On iPhone/iPad > Settings > Devices > Disable: "Devices lock screen".
As here https://mashtips.com/disable-spotify-connect/.

The AirPods switching function seems to send a 'play' message to Spotify on iPhone or iPad when switching devices, making Spotify witch the channel through Connect. Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Roy

Related Issues