Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes Don't Refresh, Change, or Update

My Daily Mixes pretty much remain the same. They rarely update, playing the same songs ad nauseum. They are also not intuitive. The first daily mix is pretty accuarate, but I can only tolerate a small number of songs in the other mixes. 

I continue to like new songs, so it should be refreshing, adding more options. Why don't the Mixes refresh and add new songs? Why do they remain static? And why do I have the same series of mixes?

I should add that this occurs regardless of the platform, and whethere my system is up-to-date or not. This is a Spotify flaw. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad mIN4, Mac desktop, and Windows Desktop

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.1, Windows 10, and Mac High Sirra 10.13.2 (respectively).

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
hal4ed

Dears,

Issue was fixed. Yesterday and I started to receive new mixes.

Today also my lists were refreshed again 

Thank you.

VlPerth
I can't log in or reply on the thread, but I have deleted cache and data for the nth time, reinstalled latest version of Spotify (8.5.12.758) on my Nokia 6 Running Pie and this has NOT been fixed. I still have the same frozen Made For Me lists I've had for months.
Livie01

Yay it's fixed! 

But I can only shuffle them 😕

Emilia_8

I received new mixes today but I can only play them on shuffle. Same with Discover Weekly and Release Radar.

Also the playlists don't appear on my main page unless it's the recently played playlists on the top.

And I still can't open any Mixes in the 'made for you' section available through the search bar. There is an animation when I tap on the playlist or hold it (playlist cover becomes smaller and darker) but it just doesn't open. 

RicoRelic

All fixed for me now, including unlimited skip and tank seeking 👍👏

VlPerth

It's.. partly fixed partly not for me. Since yesterday I have had different Made for You lists than the past few months, but they haven't changed yet and are different from the ones I see when I search for Daily Mix (which is a worry.)

Ok, as I was typing that my Daily Mixes changed. So, I logged into the web browser to check if they are the same on my phone as on the web browser. They are not - they're completely different lists. I've checked my user name on both accounts and they are identical. 

Also, one of the Daily Mixes is stuck on shuffle: last night it was Daily Mix 6 because that was the last one on the list, while today it is Daily Mix 5 because it has, for some strange reason, swapped places with Daily Mix 6. Your Top Songs 2018, Tastebreakers, Discover Weekly and Release Radar are all stuck on shuffle.

I did hard restore of Spotify yesterday and powered down and up my Nokia 6 and it is now reading as version 8.5.12.758.

I have just cleared the cache and data again, uninstalled the version I installed yesterday and powered down my phone. I will wait some minutes, power up, reinstall Spotify, check the version, power down again, power up again and see what happens. Why? I don't know. Hoping for a miracle?!

So, after all that the version is now 8.5.13.637. The Daily Mixes are as they were before I powered down/reinstalled, and Daily Mix 5, all the non Daily Mix Made for You lists are still tuck on shuffle and are all different from the ones I see logged into the same account on the web player. By the way, none of the Made for You playlists on the web player is stuck on shuffle. It's a pity I need Spotify on my phone for listening to music while I drive!

I'll be sticking to the Google Play Music subscription I took out while waiting for Spotify to fix this, I reckon 😕 I've got used to it and it's suggesting some really good music that Spotify never suggested.

RicoRelic

Well, after it refreshed my lists once 2 days ago for the first time in 2 months, it has not refreshed them again since, and even tried doing the uninstall/reinstall process. So forget my previous comment about it being all fixed, it was just a one off I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Emilia_8

Same here. My mixes haven't changed since yesterday. And when I search for 'made for you' I can see that the playlists are different and updated there but I can't access them. 

Livie01

It's stopped updating again 😕

Peter
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!