Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Mixes Don't Refresh, Change, or Update

My Daily Mixes pretty much remain the same. They rarely update, playing the same songs ad nauseum. They are also not intuitive. The first daily mix is pretty accuarate, but I can only tolerate a small number of songs in the other mixes. 

I continue to like new songs, so it should be refreshing, adding more options. Why don't the Mixes refresh and add new songs? Why do they remain static? And why do I have the same series of mixes?

I should add that this occurs regardless of the platform, and whethere my system is up-to-date or not. This is a Spotify flaw. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6s, iPad mIN4, Mac desktop, and Windows Desktop

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4, iOS 12.1.1, Windows 10, and Mac High Sirra 10.13.2 (respectively).

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and for your continued patience.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
VlPerth

Mine have stopped updating, are ALL stuck on shuffle and are only showing on my Recently Played list, not as a separate category on my homepage. I've cleared cache and data again, powered down, powered up, reinstalled, powered down, powered up (just to be sure...) and now I am seeing a Made for You section on the homepage, but againt they're the same as they have been for the past little while and the last one in the list, plus all the Made for You non-Daily Mixes, are stuck on shuffle. When I search for Daily Mixes I see different, updated ones but am unable to access them. 

It's disappointing to see that the status of this problem has been changed from Spotify actively working on it to "Not right now". While I'm not a premium Spotify member (I was looking into taking out premium when maily daily mixes froze so I ended up taking out a Google Play Music membership instead!), there are many people with the same problem who are paying Spotify for a service. Pretty shabby treatment of paying users 😕

Emilia_8

I'd recommend contacting @SpotifyCares 

You can do it via DM on Twitter. It seems that they're not aware of the issue. Maybe when more people will contact them directly they're finally going to do something with the Daily Mixes. 

VlPerth

Hi Emilia_B,

I contacted @SpotifyCares about this over two months ago and they told me mine was an "isolated case" and they couldn't do anything about it. I found at least two other reports of identical cases on their Twitter feed, one made on the same day as mine and one a couple of days later, but they still insisted mine was isolated. I had to search for other people reporting the same problem elsewhere on the internet and message them links to a dozen or more posts to get any response, and even then it took weeks before they replied. I suggested @SpotifyCares should perhaps pay me for doing their own job 😉

The only way we've got anyone to do anything about it is mass reporting of it here in the community, backed up by sending links to the threads to them by private message, and even then it appears they've given up on it. Gah. 

I'm just happy Google Play Music is filling the need in my life for good music. It took a bit of getting used to it and I miss some of the features of Spotify but also really love some of the features GPM has that Spotify doesn't.

Emilia_8

Hi, I contacted Spotify again and currently it's fixed for me. 

I also included a link to this thread and I hope they'll fix that for you all too. 

RicoRelic

@Emilia_8 how did u contact Spotify directly?

Emilia_8
zipoxtra

Plan

Free

Country

Device

(iPhone 6S )

Operating System

(iOS 12.0.1)

My Question or Issue

This ongoing issue has kept me

frustrated for quite some time.

daily mix is or I should say WAS

my favorit feature in spotify.

unfortunatly in recent months

it will NOT update on my iphone app

not weekly, not monthly, certainly not daily.

all this while my ipad app has it updating

constantly, but its my phone app I’m using

the most.  I always wait for a new update

hoping this will be the one to fix this

but it never does. please fix the iphone app

so that daily mix updates as it should, DAILY.

thank you

originally posted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Daily-Mix-issue-still-unsolved/m-p/4811393

Janbo

temporary fix on windows: delete the directory c:\users\{username}\AppData\local\spotify

only problem: you need to do this daily 😞

coin_slot

If I use my phone to launch Spotify (iOS 13) then daily mixes are updated, but if I use CarPlay to launch Spotify then the daily mixes have stayed the same for about 6 weeks and cannot be refreshed unless I use the phone app. 

Emilia_8

I can't believe it's been over 3 months since this topic was started, not to mention previous reports, and this issue is still not fixed. Actually more people have been experiencing it. And the last comment from a moderator is from 2 months ago.