Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deducted UPI payment but Premium not activated

Hey folks, 

We've been receiving contacts from Indian users saying they've been charged for Premium and yet their account is still on free status. This is being investigated by our teams. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! The payments have been processed and Premium should be active on your end. 

If you're still not seeing Premium on your account or if you're concerned about multiple payments, feel free reach out to Customer Support team via one of the channels here. They can take a closer look into the matter and will help you out further, as they are the ones in charge of it and we don't have access to their systems.

Thanks!

Comments
Jose_M

Hello @suraj752305!

Thanks for your reply. Can you let me know if you made the payment recently? It can take up to 3 days for your subscription to activate.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_M

Hello @Vanshika2296!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, no worries though - I'll be here to help. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how you get on and have a nice day!

Jose_M

Hello @Aravinthwifi!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. I'll be here to help you out. Can you let me know when you made the UPI payment? It can take up to 3 days for your subscription to activate.

Keep me posted 🙂

suraj752305

Yes, I made two payments of INR 66 for the same plan on Jan 7, 2023, at IST 8:50 AM and 8:52 AM.

Adithya_KR

Same issue here🙂

s8o6opheeldt156s2p8l

Same issue here as well

Jose_M

Hello @suraj752305!

Thanks for confirming this. As I mentioned before, it can take up to 3 days for this to reflect in your account. In this case, I'd recommend waiting until the 10th of January to see if it works by then.

Make sure to let me know how this goes 🙂

Jose_M

Hello @Adithya_KR!

Thanks for reaching out. Did you make your payment in the past 3 days? I'd recommend waiting this period of time, since it may take a bit for Premium to show in your account with UPI payments.

Let me know how it goes!

sakshi4

same thing happened to me

Adithya_KR

Hi Jose,

The payment was deducted at Paid at 05:35 PM, 08 Jan 2023 IST via Paytm. But in Spotify page payment got failed.