Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code: 30

Plan

Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

OS X

My Question or Issue

I repeatedly get the firewall error message and I've run every fix suggested on this community. It simply refuses to work. It works perfectly on my Android phone however.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.24.50 PM.png
Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports so far!

As this issue could be caused by individual network setups, we'll mark it as Not Right Now for now since it's something that will need to be looked into individually or could get resolved by an overall system and/or functionality change.

If you're experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure to try all the relevant steps first as these usually do the trick:
  • Thoroughly reinstall the app with these steps.
  • Check your firewall and antivirus software/apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.
  • Remove ALL entries from the Windows hosts file (not just the Spotify ones).
  • Uninstall any ad-blocker apps.
  • Run Windows in Safe Mode with Networking - if the app works with no issues there, we'd suggest adjusting different network settings and uninstalling any software that might be conflicting with Spotify's connectivity.
  • If possible, try connecting your desktop to the internet via a mobile hotspot. Should the app work through it, consult with your router's manufacturer.
  • If you're on a non-personal device or network (student laptop, student network, corporate laptop, corporate network) get in touch with the administrator for more help.
If you're still having troubles after checking all these, let us know by starting a new thread in the related Help Board and including all the steps you've tried so far and their outcome. We'll be happy to take a closer look and lend a hand there!
Comments
nnezi

In my case, Hosts file has no entry of Spotify from the beginning.

___

Btw, the Hosts file is protected, locked, by AV.

EthanS1
Glad to hear it @franksama24!
EthanS1
Hey @kysoto!
It maybe just a recent update or change to the program which may have caused this but rest assured the right folks are taking care of investigating this! - Glad it’s working 🙂
EthanS1
Hey @nnezi!
Leave it with me, I’m going to see what I can find out! 🙂
Kryzeg
Update: This solution fixed my problems! Also, if you are having the trouble of opening google ad pages, delete google ad service entries as well. This fixed both of my issues. Thank you for the help, Ethan!
Gambitbjj

Any news on this? I tried the host fix but there were no Spotify addresses and I still can't log in. 

EthanS1

Hi there!

If you've tried my troubleshooting outlined above, please follow these steps:

Due to the limitations of the Community  you reach out to Support so they can help you further with the Error 30 Issue you are experiencing. I'd recommend including the URL to the Community thread and also letting know you've carried out troubleshooting as instructed by the Community and they'll help you get to the bottom of this

Let connect you to support, please fill out the online contact form.

A great way to reach Spotify via Twitter and Spotify offer support here via Direct Message @SpotifyCares,

Don't worry Spotify also offer support via Facebook! Shoot them a message Spotify Cares Facebook page.

These are the best ways to contact Spotify but be aware you might expierence a slight delay to responses depending on the number of incoming support requests but this is usually no longer than 72 hours (3 Days).

Take Care,

/ES

EthanS1

Hey! 

Thanks for visiting the Spotify Community, due to the large amount of reports on this issue we've found a fix for this issue right now so I'd recommend following these instructions closely! 👀

1. If you haven't already, please try a Clean Reinstall it's Critical that you follow the instructions in the guide carefully as they do a lot more than just uninstalling and reinstalling! You can check out this Spotify Answer for the process.
  2. If that failed then I'd recommend you try the steps below:

Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)

go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open

When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0

If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

Save your changes and restart Spotify

If after trying all of the above then it's time to reach out directly to Spotify Support for some further checks regarding this issue which can either be done through this handy page  Contact Spotify Support. This page outlines all of the Support Channels that Spotify offer and take you directly to the one you need.

I'd recommend that you quote the Error Code 30 and also the troubleshooting you've carried out here so the advisor can take a look in to this behind the scenes a bit deeper and doesn't make you repeat the same troubleshooting! 🙂 

/ES 

FrancescoGmuzzo

The solution is correct but incomplete, you need to remove that "spotify line" also on "hosts backup", a file in the same place as Hosts.

Then it will start working fine 🙂

EthanS1

Hey @FrancescoGmuzzo!

Thanks for that, this was the update that I had from Spotify Internally, so will leave it as that for now but will see whether this needs adapting! 🙂