Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile] Unable to download podcast episodes

We've received reports that users are unable to download podcast episodes on the mobile app. Downloading music is unaffected and works as usual.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone running the latest version of Spotify 😎

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers 🤘

Comments
glitchwraith

- IPhone 8, version 16.7.8

- Spotify 8.9.40.506

- I have tried downloading the episode, closing and reopening the app, turning off and restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, logging out and back into my account, and clearing the cache.

So far, it’s only affecting a single podcast I follow: Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men. Started a couple of months ago. Will play for a little over five minutes and then just stop. I do not have this problem if I use the browser version of Spotify on my PC.

Grooveytunes

Seems like the issue is fixed 👍😎

amfsilva

Aren't we happy like if it was a new feature ? 🥳

Thank you Spotify, seems it backs to work.

Although older episode on podcasts set to automatic download we have to manually force them. But download is working... At least for now 😊

kathy300

Hi, I am having the same issue. No podcasts are downloading.

iPhone 15 pro max

iOS 17.4.1

spotify version 8.9.40.506

amfsilva

Almost...

Now I can manualy download, but the automatic download defined for podcasts we chosse to, is not yet fixed

Grooveytunes

Spoke too soon. It’s broken again. Same behavior as before

tjluke

Same issue that’s been happening for a few weeks.

Plan - Premium

Device - iPhone 14 Pro Max

IOS - 17.5.1

country - US

Spotify version - 8.9.38.455

Ryfelten

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Spotify version: 8.9.38.455

Same issue. Been happening the last couple of weeks. 

Laurence1987a

Same thing is happening to me on my Samsung phone, not downloading by picked podcasts and then when I try and manually download them its not working.

forcehighfive

Started experiencing this today. Suddenly unable to download podcast episodes. I tried updating the app, managed to download one episode, then it stopped working again.

Device: Google Pixel 6a

App: version 8.9.42.575