Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
MrKnitler

Problem is still there on my Tab S7+ and S22 Ultra

Mazurky

More than a half year has passed since this topic was created. In what state is it as of right now?

I installed last update from August 2, 2022 and nothing has changed.

tralfraz

Today for the second time in a couple months I deleted my cache, all my songs on internal storage and uninstalled the app.  Then I restarted my phone.  I reinstalled the app, selected the sd card on my phone to save my music and downloaded a couple playlists.  The music was going to the sd card.  Success?  Nope.  After restarting my phone later in the day, all the music was downloading again.  All the music I downloaded to my sd card was gone and the music was downloading again to internal storage.  What the heck?

Dackelbein

TAB S8, same issue here

tralfraz

It's been nearly a year.  Are you sure you have the "right people" on this?

lauraequisde

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A53 5G

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I recently changed my phone from Redmi Note 9S to Galaxy A53 and the only thing bothering me is the fact that even if I download music, when im offline, it gets deleted and when i have internet again, it redownloads everything so that's when I notice that I have 4 spots where I can save data but, of course, it's wrong.

I have 1 SD card and 1 Internal Storage. It duplicated and mislabeled them.

Now I can't even listen to music offline thanks to that.

Plus: I kept redownloading and moving to my SD but now is getting STUCK and never finishes transfering.

Screenshot_20220908-214542_Spotify.jpg
calamar-87

@Eni do you think its normall that a problem with more than a years since appeared and there is no fix?

Arcmusic

Hi,

Would just like to share my experience here.

This problem for me started and ended with the memory card. Everything was running smoothly...then I added a memory card to my Motorola, from then I had the problems everyone talks about here.

Yesterday I removed the memory card + did a 'fresh install' of Spotify... restarted my phone (without memory card) and all is fine.

It's a real shame that Spotify won't work for me and everyone here with a memory card. I also spent a not inconsiderable amount of money on a nice fast micro SD, which I never actually needed, as this, I believe, is simply an issue Spotify has with memory cards.

Hope this helps somebody, and I feel for all those who don't have a large internal phone memory as they're basically buggered.

jon_97
This has been a problem for years, and it was not documented/fixed properly... I believed not only on Samsung phones but other Androids also. Apparently, It's how Spotify or Andriod reads the SD card when the device is powered on, whereby it looks like it has a delay in reading the SD card which causes Spotify/ System to think that the SD card is not there, hence all the downloaded songs are gone, and the download storage is set back to internal.

From what I noticed sometimes it will work, and sometimes it doesn't. Test:
  1. Format your SD card using your phone before use (Tried on S8) - Works
  2. Clone SD card - Doesn't work (Maybe there is a file in the system linked to the SD card)
  3. Format SD card using phone > Transfer files into it - Might work? (couldn't recall)
  4. Format SD card using PC - Dosent work
  5. Don't restart your phone - Works
Or If you are like me being lazy to keep redownloading... Just steam it.

Suggested option: Maybe Spotify can add a delay start/ SD card reading in the app

Note: No protection on SD card, encryption/pin etc

JKB314

This is *STILL* an issue! I've moved my downloaded music to SD card at least 3 times already, and it's bounced back to my internal storage. Are there any plans to ever fix this issue?