Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ongoing performance issues on iOS devices - app being slow/crashing within a few minutes of playback

Hey folks,

We had received reports that some of you were experiencing technical issues on your iOS devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app was crashing or the playback was suddenly stopping.

The issue was fixed but it seems it has resurfaced shortly after. 

It is currently being investigated.

Hey folks!

Our tech folks backstage have confirmed that the initial issues, which were the reasons for this OI thread have been resolved. Seeing that most of you have stopped commenting - this seems to be confirming the case.

For anyone experiencing any further iOS issues, even if they are similar to the abovementioned, we'd like to ask you to go over the following steps:

• Clear your app's cached data;
  • See if a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference;
  • Check if the issue would be present when you log in with a different account; a new free account for testing purposes can be used for this;
  • If the issue is present with both accounts, you can try a different iOS device, as this could be device-related;
  • Gather your findings and create a new post about your issue in this board here, making sure you add your device's model, its OS version and your Spotify app version

Many thanks!

P.S. If you've created a new account and you wish to transfer your music - this FAQ might be of help 🙂 

Comments
ForSon

Loaded the update a couple days ago and the playlists are working like a charm on my son's iPad. Thank you very much!

FrancisDee

At the moment, not crashing. Last update seems good. Will never update again😂

EstherEs

For me it’s working well again too! I can even skip songs via another device again, so I don’t have to walk to my phone that’s connected to my speakers. 

I’m never updating again either 😉 

sunshine3869

Updated to 8.8.81.573 and happy to say hubby and I have had no issues.  We put on a list that was over 11 hours and actually got through the whole thing with no stoppage or crashes .. Yay!!

Also now part of the 'never updating again' club

dj_vj

@FrancisDee your comment regarding not updating has me dying of laughter... I was thinking the same thing... So scared to update the app 🤣

BeatrizMF

Estou com o mesmo problema!! Porém não toca nem 30 segundos de música/podcast e para! Ficou assim pior depois da última atualização! Impossível de usar, estou prestes a cancelar 

Larry-Person

This is not fixed.

Since I'm running 8.8.82.607.

It crashed several times on the first song in a playlist. When it played that song it didn't skip to the next one. I started the next one manually and it crashed on that.

I also can't open `Playback` Settings. When I try, it just hangs and the app crashes.

dj_vj

Is anyone else having issues with Spotify version 8.8.82.607? I am on 8.8.81.573 and no issues yet. Scared to upgrade cause I feel it will crash like it did before...

walrys11

I still am having the same issue over and over.  Nothing is getting fixed on my end. It's very frustrating. 

BeatrizMF

Sim, tambem estou com a ultima versao  8.8.82.607 e está acontecendo isso de maneira repetida depois que atualizei. Antes acontecia porem com menos frequencia, agora simplesmente é impossivel de utilizar! Meu IOS também esta atualizado. Estou quase cancelando o premium pois nao consigo usar