Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ongoing performance issues on iOS devices - app being slow/crashing within a few minutes of playback

Hey folks,

We had received reports that some of you were experiencing technical issues on your iOS devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app was crashing or the playback was suddenly stopping.

The issue was fixed but it seems it has resurfaced shortly after. 

It is currently being investigated.

Hey folks!

Our tech folks backstage have confirmed that the initial issues, which were the reasons for this OI thread have been resolved. Seeing that most of you have stopped commenting - this seems to be confirming the case.

For anyone experiencing any further iOS issues, even if they are similar to the abovementioned, we'd like to ask you to go over the following steps:

• Clear your app's cached data;
  • See if a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference;
  • Check if the issue would be present when you log in with a different account; a new free account for testing purposes can be used for this;
  • If the issue is present with both accounts, you can try a different iOS device, as this could be device-related;
  • Gather your findings and create a new post about your issue in this board here, making sure you add your device's model, its OS version and your Spotify app version

Many thanks!

P.S. If you've created a new account and you wish to transfer your music - this FAQ might be of help 🙂 

Comments
PeteWils

Problems that Spotify suddenly stops playing. Have to press play again to start.
Premium family

IOS: 17.0.3 @ iPhone 12 Pro Max

Spotify version: 8.8.81.573

joey_collins

Since iOS 17 came out in September, I’ve been dealing with the same issue of Spotify freezing if I leave it in the background for a while.

I have an iPhone 14 Pro. Apple suggested I delete and redownload the app and that hasn’t worked. I’ve downloaded every update since September 17th-ish when iOS 17 was released, and the issue never stops.

Very frustrating!

Nya4

This version is not available on the store, the last version is 8.8.80.599 and problem still persists 

weetarded

Holy ś h į t these rëtær4ed ass Spotify devs cannot even fix their 4üçking garbage app. What a joke of a music streaming service like Jesus 4üçking Christ Spotify please do better. Clearly the developers over at Spotify HQ have an IQ of at most room temperature Celsius.

daniellomelin1

Hi, I'm still having trouble with this. I already updated to version 8.8.82. The app takes a long time to open and the images on the albums, songs, or podcasts take even longer. Once I start playing something it crashes after a minute.

Gauchosdad

My issue is ongoing as well.

I've updated to the new Spotify update today and my IOS was also just updated.

Spotify crashes after 30 seconds if running in the background. 

I've tried everything. I've been experiencing this issue since late August.

daniellomelin1

Any updates on this??? It's been failing for weeks now with no response or clarity?

PeKron

Hi,

I use spotify on the Apple Watch Ultra 2 frequently when leaving the house and want to leave my phone behind. The Playback randomly stops after a few seconds - it is unusable and real disappointment. 

Using iPhone 14 Pro Max with the latest ios 17.1.1 and Watch Ultra 2 with WatchOS 10.1

Premium Family

Please fix it. It's horrible.

mikcoy

Still experiencing issues. Nothing will load, doesn’t matter if its something in the search bar or something thats been downloaded. Can’t get through a single song without it cutting out either. Restarting app lets me restart the music but it eventually cuts out again. Have tried all the suggested things to help (clear cache, delete and re download app etc) No connectivity issues on my end, wifi etc 

chettiblueyes

Status is “Fixed”..? Um, no. It’s as bad now as it’s been the last few days. The issues started for me when I updated iOS. I’m worried what will happen with iOS 17.2, which is due to install any minute now…