Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ongoing performance issues on iOS devices - app being slow/crashing within a few minutes of playback

Hey folks,

We had received reports that some of you were experiencing technical issues on your iOS devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app was crashing or the playback was suddenly stopping.

The issue was fixed but it seems it has resurfaced shortly after. 

It is currently being investigated.

Hey folks!

Our tech folks backstage have confirmed that the initial issues, which were the reasons for this OI thread have been resolved. Seeing that most of you have stopped commenting - this seems to be confirming the case.

For anyone experiencing any further iOS issues, even if they are similar to the abovementioned, we'd like to ask you to go over the following steps:

• Clear your app's cached data;
  • See if a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference;
  • Check if the issue would be present when you log in with a different account; a new free account for testing purposes can be used for this;
  • If the issue is present with both accounts, you can try a different iOS device, as this could be device-related;
  • Gather your findings and create a new post about your issue in this board here, making sure you add your device's model, its OS version and your Spotify app version

Many thanks!

P.S. If you've created a new account and you wish to transfer your music - this FAQ might be of help 🙂 

Comments
gogmagog

@Vasil  

That thread you linked specifically says "song pauses", not "app crashes" or "albums won't load" or "app crashes whenever I hit the 'playback' button in settings". None of the issues in this thread are resolved. I've reinstalled, closed all other apps, etc. It's kind of nuts that no one on these forums has actually addressed my issue and it's been seven months -- I really don't want to cancel my Spotify (user since 2013) but I can't use it and no one's helping, so what's the point?

I've logged in on other phones / computers and had no issues. 

Jonowalker

I also have to agree with gogmagog- the issue is have isn’t just offline playlists- however even if it was- the advice could have been given to me months ago when I first started to report issues via email and @SpotifyCares on X. 
However my issues were never resolved- and once I tried to raise a complaint- I was ignored 

hpw3
For me the issue was resolved by abandoning my old Spotify account, porting info into a new account.
28hzy_l-jz3fi

When I am using apple carplay, and i've been away for awhile, spotify won't play any songs, even if I hit the play button or choose a different song, or pause and unpause it, even if I do this from the spotify app or CarPlay. The only way to get it to play music again is to kill the app on the phone and restart it

CircleSquared

Device Model: iPhone 15 Pro

OS Version: iOS 17.4.1

Spotify App Version: 8.9.30.414

Date & Time: 4/9/24; ~3:30pm MST

Issue Type: For the first time since I've used Spotify (I have been a user for years), I've developed an issue where playback stops after a song or two. The problem occurs midsong. When it stops, it's like a reset. The app appears to shut down/crash. Then, when I go back to play the song again, the app restarts it from about the 4-second mark instead of the point at which the playback stopped.

I have removed the cached data multiple times. I have removed all Spotify-related data from the device numerous times. I have clean uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I have done a complete clean reset of my phone. I have toggled wifi. I have toggled Bluetooth. I have removed every connection between the app and third-party apps/services. I have signed out of everywhere and signed back in. I have changed my password.

The app works fine on my desktop and my laptop. The issue only exists on my phone (seemingly since I updated my phone to iOS 17.4.1). @Vasil or someone: please help.

gogmagog

I would appreciate a response that's related to my issue. 

updated to 8.9.32.586 and Spotify is still unusable on my phone since roughly October 2023.

Would love to be able to use the thing I'm paying for 

bigzman34

Device Model: iPhone XR

OS Version: iOS 17.4.1

Spotify App Version: 8.9.32

Date & Time: 4/23/24; ~2:30pm CDT

Issue Type: For the first time since I've used Spotify (I have been a user for years), I've developed an issue with the app where it says that I am offline.  I entered a new password, clicked on a link from my email and that hasn't worked.

I have removed the cached data multiple times. I have removed all Spotify-related data from the device numerous times  I have done a complete clean reset of my phone. I have toggled wifi. I have toggled Bluetooth. I have removed every connection between the app and third-party apps/services. I have signed out of everywhere and signed back in.  Is there anything further I can do?  I appreciate any good answers that I can find since I have an older phone.

Video_Vixen

Hi there,

After doing the clean reinstall, it still did the same thing. Any update on when that’s going to be fixed?

Nilemoon
I finally did what I should've done months ago. I unsubscribed Spotify. AmZn Music does much better with background tasks, doesn't freeze, and the sound is superior to Spotifys'. If a company doesn't do what is claimed, drop 'em like a 100lb sack
Vasil
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks!

Our tech folks backstage have confirmed that the initial issues, which were the reasons for this OI thread have been resolved. Seeing that most of you have stopped commenting - this seems to be confirming the case.

For anyone experiencing any further iOS issues, even if they are similar to the abovementioned, we'd like to ask you to go over the following steps:

• Clear your app's cached data;
  • See if a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference;
  • Check if the issue would be present when you log in with a different account; a new free account for testing purposes can be used for this;
  • If the issue is present with both accounts, you can try a different iOS device, as this could be device-related;
  • Gather your findings and create a new post about your issue in this board here, making sure you add your device's model, its OS version and your Spotify app version

Many thanks!

P.S. If you've created a new account and you wish to transfer your music - this FAQ might be of help 🙂