Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Performance issues on iOS devices

Hey folks,

We've received reports that iOS users are experiencing technical issues on their devices (running version 8.8.72.623 or higher). The app is crashing or the playback suddenly stops.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should be fixed in version 8.8.81.573. If you don't see a pending update, you can manually update from Spotify's App Store page.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

For anyone still experiencing this issue - please refer to the new thread over here.
We'll keep you posted!

Comments
dj_vj

I will say that we do need the Spotify software development team to look into this instead of chalking it up to "It's Apple's problem not ours."

chuckone

I am having this same issue. It is very easily re-creatable and really makes it hard to use Spotify. As far as I am aware, downgrading to iOS 15.7.8 isn't really an option and the latest update seems to have done nothing. I am using an iPhone 7 running the latest firmware, iOS 15.7.9. Please find the bug responsible for this thanks.

dj_vj

Yup. Just upgraded to Spotify version 8.8.75.709 and issue still persists

nomechiten

I've downloaded the last update in hopes of fixing this issue and it actually made it WORSE. After being a premium user for almost ten years 'm seriously considering cancelling my suscription over this.

mattbredin

i switched to Apple music.  its working great!  i cancelled spotify premium and wont be back til they fix this, if ever

Lyubka

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

We really appreciate the time you took to post and report here. This issue has been reported to the tech teams and they're currently looking into it. 

If you haven't already, could you please share with us:

• your device's model and OS;
  • your Spotify version;
  • any troubleshooting you've tried to fix this. 

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any new information to share. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂 

nhindart27

Ive been having similar issues for months on iPhone. the app constantly crashes after only as many as five songs in a radio or playlist. Happens even with downloaded music. happens even with offline mode on. happens when connected to earphones or speakers. latest two updates have made it even worse than it ever. Six failures in fifty minutes of trying to listen a downloaded self made playlist. I have an email thread longer than my... well it's long, discussing these issues with the so-called support and they do not give any answers as to how or why this issue could be happening.

I have tried every suggestion ive read in this thread all to no avail. I'm glad to see it is not just me having these problems, as it was implied in my contact with support lines. It is a complete joke that people are experiencing such a lack of service and such nonsense problems with the core functions of this app.

Chef98

Alot of songs wont play, if i click on them. It just freezes without sound or skips the song. 
Example song: Onlyfans -bibi babydoll.

other songs do play. Issue same after restart app.

Issue same with 5G or wifi. No internet issue.

same with downloaded song / streamed song.

please fix bug.

also very damaging for artist revenue as you wont let me play the songs

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

(iPhone 13

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

jamesbrandongreen

Hello, I'm joining in here, I also have the same issue. Spotify are you going to solve this soon? The ipod is the only way my father can sleep through his tinnitus in his house with no computer or internet. He's really needing a fix soon or he's waking up 8 times a night to restart a CD! 

Anon211

Updated my Spotify to 8.8.75.709 and the issue still happens