Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops after playing few songs on Echo devices

We've received multiple reports where repeat stops working & playback pauses after a few songs on Amazon Echo devices.

Hey there folks,

We've checked with our teams and this should now be fixed for everyone 🙂

Make sure that your Echo device is up-to-update, should you still experience issues. You can do this by asking Alexa for an update with the voice command - "Alexa, check for updates".

If the above doesn't do the trick, and the issue persists, we recommend that you create a new thread on our Help Board, so we can look into it further.

Cheers!

Comments
CSeymour

Yep, exact same issue as everyone else here. I use music at night to mitigate my tinnitus and it randomly stops mid song. Doesn't matter how I control it (PC, Phone, Laptop, Tablet, or even just voice command) the issue will always happen.

Only does this when streaming to my echo dot. Streaming anywhere else is totally fine so definitely an isolated issue with the Alexa skill. 

Maria

Hey there folks,

Thanks for providing us with the details, we appreciate it!

We've forwarded this to our tech teams so that they can have a closer look as well. We'll keep you posted in this thread if we have any news to share.

Feel free still to post the details mentioned by @Eni, should you come across this thread and you're are experiencing the same issue.

Many thanks!

eme2

The same thing has been happening to me for the last 2 days, it starts playing and after a few songs it stops and I have to press play again from the app.

Android Pixel 6XL

Echo Dot Alexa

Maria

Hey there folks,

Thanks for replying in this thread and keeping us in the loop!

So that we can have a closer look in to this and forward it to our teams, could you provide us with the following info (if you haven't already):

• Does this only happen on your Alexa? Or does the same happens if you're streaming directly on other devices? (phone, PC, etc.)
  • Exact Spotify version you're running on the devices.
  • Exact OS of your devices. Make sure to let us know the make/model of your affected devices as well.
  • When did you notice this issue for the first time? Did it start happening after a specific event - such as an update? 
  • Any troubleshooting steps you've already tried.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Many thanks!

ShadowRose99

Having the same issue as everyone else, came here looking for a solution but it appears there isn't one yet. 

• Does this only happen on your Alexa devices or the same happens if you're streaming directly on your devices (phone, PC, etc.)? 
    • This only happens on my echo. I tested it yesterday, running it from my phone and computer and it worked fine.
  • Exact Spotify version you're running on your devices
  • Exact OS of your devices (make sure to let us know the exact make/model of your affected devices as well)
    • Echo dot version 10101204356
  • When did you notice this issue for the first time? Did it start happening after a specific event such as an update? 
    • It happened to me two days ago, right after the spotify app updated (which is why I came to spotify and not amazon for help)
  • Troubleshooting you've already tried 
    • Pretty much everything mentioned here. 
      • disconnecting and reconnecting the skill
      • logging out and back in to my spotify account
      • ensured tap gestures is disabled
      • reset wifi router
      • unplug and replug echo dot
      • made sure sleep timer is disabled
Beookieyboo

It’s only on my Alexa and it’s both when connecting my phone or asking Alexa to play music. 
my Spotify version is 8.9.32

My OS version is 17.4.1 and I have a IPhone 14 Pro Max 

I'm not sure if it was after an update, but it’s been about 2 weeks now, maybe a little more. I’ve tried disconnecting Alexa from Spotify and reconnecting as well and making sure that everything has been updated. I also got rid of the app and redownloaded.

harrypitt

Exact same happening to me 

harrypitt
  • Does this only happen on your Alexa devices or the same happens if you're streaming directly on your devices (phone, PC, etc.)? 

It only seems to happen when I connect my spotify to my echo dot. If i just play it out of my iPhone or iPhone with airpods or iPad, it works fine. 

• Exact Spotify version you're running on your devices

I’m using the newest version of spotify: 8.9.32.586

• Exact OS of your devices (make sure to let us know the exact make/model of your affected devices as well

iPhone 13 on 17.4.1 and the alexa device is Echo Dot 3rd generation 

• When did you notice this issue for the first time? Did it start happening after a specific event such as an update? 

It started around a week ago but in the last few days it seems to be getting worse. At the beggining of the week, it would stop playing after about an hour, but now it’s after 1-2 songs play. 

• Troubleshooting you've already tried 

I’ve tried everything suggested to me by Spotify and Amazon support. I’ve reinstalled both apps, as well as cleared spotify cache. I’ve disabled and enabled the spotify skill on alexa app. I’ve factory reset my alexa device. 

I hope the issue can be fixed soon as It seems to be getting worse. 

Kwieber

Same problem here. 

Portoman
Please update us if you find a way round this 👍. Mine is the same