Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes in Queue not playing automatically

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about podcast episodes not playing automatically one after the other in Your Episodes, playlists, Queue and the show itself. If there are 2 episodes queued one after the other, the second one gets skipped. If there are podcast episodes queued when playing songs, the podcast episodes are getting skipped. Some users report that when there's a podcast episode in the queue it will get skipped and will break the queue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Julian

Hey folks,

Thank you for posting!

@justinebean We appreciate you for bearing with us, the reason we ask these questions is that every case is different, and we need to narrow down the issue as much as possible. 

Could you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? If you're not able to use another account, you can create a free one here

@acan2468 Please let us know if you've tried the steps shared by @Eni and @Alex, they might work for you.

We'll be on the lookout.

acan2468

I’ve tried everything and still no luck. 

justinebean

I tried my boyfriends account. Autoplay turners on, same issue. Spotify version 8.6.44.1230. 
The functionality I want is available/works on my iPad on an older version of Spotify- 8.6.40.1248. 
like I said, it started when I updated the app, I didn’t change any settings. 

please let me know if there’s a solution, if not I think it’s absurd that this functionality just changed and I’m having to go through this much back and forth to tell you I didn’t change anything (you did) and I can’t listen to podcasts the way I have been for years. If you don’t want listeners to have a consistent experience or an option in their experience then I’ll find an alternative. 

Maria_B

Hi folks,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

@acan2468 Could you try logging with another account as per the instructions of my previous post? 

If this doesn't do the trick, please send us the version of the app you're running. 

@justinebean Please share with us a video showing how the issue happens on your phone. Just attach the file to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at it.

Keep us posted!

justinebean

I (and other people) have described this issue in detail multiple times and all the team has done has asked questions and offered no suggestions and no help. I’m telling you that it is functionality with this version of your app. So if you have a fix, please

let me know. Or a way to revert back to an older version of your app. Otherwise this seems to just be a waste of time answering questions and getting literally no information from your team. 

acan2468

I logged in with a different account and still experiencing the issue. 

Version - 8.6.44.1230

Mihail

Hey @justinebean and @acan2468,

Thank you for your cooperation and troubleshooting so far.

We understand how this could cause some frustration, but in order to get this reported to the right folks, we need to gather as much details about each individual case and as much troubleshooting results as possible. As we've nearly exhausted the troubleshooting steps available and due to the nature of the issue, we'd really appreciate a recording of the behavior you're describing. Once we have that we'll happily pass on all the info so far to the relevant team and it will allow them to take a closer look. Keep in mind that we weren't able to replicate this on any of the systems at our end and that's why we're asking for your assistance.

If it causes to much inconvenience to make a recording, you can send us screenshots of how to your autopay settings and queue look after starting a podcast. We'll make sure to file our report with those instead. As mentioned however, due to the nature of the issue this may be of limited use to other team and we could be forced to ask for a recording again.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your replies. 

acan2468

I’ve taken a video of the issue. How can I share it? The file/video is approx. 68Mb.

Julian

Hi @acan2468,

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Please just attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor.

If you're not able to, you can upload it to Google Drive or any other service and share the link with us.

We'll be on the lookout. 

acan2468

You can see that when selecting an episode of the podcast, the next episode that should play is “KKMS News Update - Big Al is Sensitive To These Words”. Although, regardless of sorting order, the queue has the next episode as “Celebrity Gossip - The Megan’s Expl…”.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AtWWJFYBxIJN0DCKTS22Q2dnEH9SKs5s/view?usp=drivesdk