Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sleep timer not working with podcasts

Hey there,

We've received reports for the Sleep timer not working, i.e. the next podcast episode plays after the timer has expired.

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
operakitti

I’ve updated to iOS 16.1.2 but it this did not resolve the issue.

RenDibbly

Been happening to me for a couple of weeks, it doesn’t matter what podcast I play. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, restarted my phone multiple times, etc. iPhone 11, iOS 15.6.1, 8.7.90.459

beingbrendan

Been having the same issue for a while now.

iPhone 13, running iOS 16.1.1.

Spotify version 8.7.90.459

Happens on all podcasts 

web_dev

I frequently use sleeptimer on iOS with „end of episode“ functionality. Since a couple of days it doesn’t end anymore at the end of an episode. I use version 8.7.90.459 on iOS 16.1. Has anyone the same issue?

Japhila

Same problem here for a couple of weeks

iPhone XR 

iOS 16.1.1

Spotify Version 8.7.88.456

TIA for solving this problem!

avamayfalconer

Same issue the last month with multiple podcasts. Using an iPhone 13, iOS and Spotify app are both up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it didn’t help.

camilledawn

Same issue. iOS user. It happens on every podcast. Please fix. 

SamGunston

I’m on an iPhone 13 Pro iOS 16.1.1 with the latest spotify released this morning (8.7.90) and the timer works on five mins, but not on ‘end of episode’. I’ve been experiencing this issue for just over a week now - not sure if it’s linked to the new iOS update or the update done to the app

CrazyTo

Happening for me for the last few weeks as well on iPhone 14 Pro. iOS 16.1.1, Spotify v8.7.90.459. Not connected to any external speakers, all podcasts seem to have this issue for me.

Laalelou

I have the same problem with every podcast I listen to. I regularly use the “end of episode” timer when I listen to podcasts, often to fall asleep to. So now that it’s not working Spotify keeps playing another episode the whole night which is kinda annoying…

iPhone 14 Pro
iOS 16.1.2 (20B110)

Spotify version 8.7.90.459