Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs aren't streaming on Apple Watch

Hey folks, 

We're getting reports from Apple Watch users that songs aren't streaming. 

Stay tuned to the Status Update for more info.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
applecase

Apple watch series 8 with WatchOS 9.2, Spotify iOS 8.7.94.551, NL; carrier KPN

CalRipkenJr

Why is this still happening? 😞

I feel like I wasted hundreds of dollars on the watch/cell connection if I’m not able to stream Spotify without my phone present.

Very sad.

Apple Watch Series 8 / 9.2 OS

arieshton

The issue still exists even in the newer models and updated watchOS. Using the app on my Ultra watch and it is annoying how the application behaves

ekiml56101

Same here.    Received a new Apple Watch SE, added cellular for the specific purpose of streaming Spotify and it won't connect.

Seems like this is a Spotify issue per  the many posts.   Is it going to be  fixed?

Apple Watch SE /9.2 OS

ricardoandrade
Hi, folks!

The problem continues even downgrading the download audio quality.

The problem happens often when I use a Timer or a Activity. But sometimes at home the problem can happens out of nowhere as well.

I recorded the problem and here are the examples:

The video shows the problem is with Spotify. Music, Podcasts, Overcast and Deezer work properly (without any problems) with downloaded content. Only Spotify crashes! It's not a iOS problem.

If it's helps, you can put me on the beta program. So I can send some logs or spotify reports with the problem.

AliAllMusic

Hi all,

I have a very similar problem to this. I always thought it was related to my watch struggling to have enough capability to run Spotify and the standard watch workout app when I go for a run with my phone left at home (Apple Watch series 3).

I start the music which runs fine then the problem occurs when I start the workout on the watch and the music goes silent  then starts coming back in jumps (the song doesn’t stop and start, it continues but with no volume or I hear the song in jitters at the set volume). Initially there is more silence than music then slowly more of the song is heard with less jitters of silence and eventually (20/30 seconds) the song will run normally. I have noticed this occurs often during the run when I look at the watch for workout progress and the screen comes on, or when I get a distance update notification from the running app and I take a look.

I have also noticed this occurs before my run when I get out of bluetooth range from my phone and my home wifi.

This did not happen when I used the Apple Music downloaded songs (old iTunes music synced to my phone and then watch) before Spotify made the download music to the watch available.

This has occurred for myself since the start of the offline watch playback being released.

I have two workout playlists of around 35 songs downloaded to the watch. The issue occurs with both and with no particular songs.

I have the latest Spotify version with: iOS 16.1.2 and Watch OS 8.7.1.

Thanks

Caseyhawkinson

I am having this issue during workouts with my apple watch ultra...One of the main reasons I bought the ultra was to listen to spotify on runs, at the gym,...etc. Starting to regret this this decision as the Spotify app is extremely limited when I workout - I am unable to skip songs, it pauses randomly and will not restart, and I end up taking my headphones out. Please fix this issue,  I have the newest update of Spotify.

For clarity purposes I also have cellular on my apple watch and have issues with both downloaded playlists and ones I am streaming. 

jonasgs1

I'm having the same exact issue as Caseyhawkinson. When working out, Spotify often pauses and won't play again. Sometimes it happens as the first thing where it won't even play the first song. Other times it plays a few songs and then stops. I also bought my Apple Watch to download songs onto so I wouldn't need my phone on me while working out.

This issue has persisted for MONTHS now. When is Spotify going to fix this?

ricardoandrade

This is what's happens.

And I realize this problem not occurs if you have 2 or 3 playlists downloaded. Can be some memory problem.

Try to do this for one week in a row: delete all playlists, close the app and download 1 or 2 playlists.

frauzika

6C67712C-7B39-4F69-A28C-CB61C2E063B0.jpeg

Feels comforting not being alone in this! I run a lot, Alvesta leave my phone home and stream (not downloaded stuff!) from my watch. I switched phone this week and from that moment the stream function only using the watch disaperred! I have spent SO many hours reinstalling phone + watch but am starting to think there is something in the iOS for my new 14 pro Max. Really hope this will be fixed like yesterday!!!

As seen on the picture I can only stream from the phone. Since latest reinstall for like a second I can see the symbol for choosing the watch and then it is gone!!!

Best regards from Sweden