Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Cover art + track title is "stuck" on the first track played on BMW head unit

Track titles and cover art is not displayed correctly on BMW (2015) when playing through Bluetooth or the USB interface in the center console.

Symptom: Music plays and it is possible to switch tracks, but the cover art and track title is "stuck" on the first track played. It played great in the past and playing well with other music apps.

Device

(iPhone Xs) Running version 13.3.1

Car: BMW X6M 2015

Hey folks,  

We haven't had any updates for you all in a while and in the interest of keeping this thread updated for other users stumbling upon it, we'll go ahead and mark it as Won't Fix for now. 

Rest assured that we've passed on your reports to the teams around this. This is a very specific issue to this particular device setup with BMW head units and seems to be affecting only a smaller subset of users. However, if you're experiencing something similar but on a different head unit, we'd recommend starting a separate thread here so we can take a look. 

Keep in mind that this doesn't eliminate that a future update of the app could improve things for you, so keeping the app always updated is a great idea.

We do appreciate you taking the time to add your comments in this thread! If we have any further updates for you regarding this, we'll make sure to share them in this thread with you.

Comments
counting6
This is exactly what I have been experiencing since January as well. It is
Spotify. My car software is up to date. My IPod software is up to date. I
have uninstalled it several times. Amazon works fine. Fix it or I’m
switching to Amazon.

nadais-br
Dear Sirs,

I tried doing the steps mentioned in the mail you sent me and the problem
still persists.

As requested, my setup is:

Iphone 11 Pro iOS 13.3.1
Spotify version 8.5.54.1127
BMW 3 Series 2014

Also mentioned by other forum members, this issue appeared after updates
released on January.

I really appreciate a solution in this problem, once I'm a Premium member
and we're paying for a service that works in a recent past.

Thanks
Lauro Nadais
a_turnbull

I’m also having exactly the same issues with and E90 BMW, this also started at the same time

derek32

The Spotify issue has still not been fixed even after doing all the recommended steps of re-sinstalling the app, and establishing a new bluetooth connection between phone and car. Everything is completely up to date as of today 5/3/2020

2014 bmw 335i

-iPhone 10 XS: IOS 13.4.1

-Spotify: 8.5.55.856

-Started being a problem in Late December 2019 - Early January 2020

Elena

Hey folks!

Thank you for all your reports.

We're passing on your info and the right team is working on this, but due to measures taken in regards to COVID-19, recreating and conducting tests on automobile related issues could take longer than usual.

We appreciate your patience with this and we hope that we'll have better news as soon as possible!

Take care and stay safe, everyone!

counting6
This very well could be an Apple IOS issue. There are many vehicles
experiencing this but with Apple devices. So not specific car related.
Raulm26

Same issues as reported above. Car, iOS, and Spotify app are up to date. Car is a 2014 BMW 435i. I’ve tried, and researched everything. Even using OEM Apple USB to Lightning cable. Hope to see this fixed soon as it’s really annoying to only be able to see the first song I played on the BMW iDrive screen.

gera9319

I am having the exact same issue.

2015 BMW 428i car software up to date as well as my iphone software.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, but still having the same issue. I am glad its not my car though as this exact thing started around late 2019. I tried Apple Music and that works fine.. Hope we can get a software fix ASAP as I miss when the app worked fine.

Thanks!!

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • car make + model
  • when the issue started appearing?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

kelali123

2014 BMW M5

Iphone 7 plus

latest idrive software

iOS version 13.4.1

Spotify 8.5.60.881