Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In Mobile Premium: All my playlists are reverting to shuffle mode. Changeable?

In Mobile Premium: All my playlists are reverting to shuffle mode. Changeable?

I'm a Premium user in the U.S. I Have been since the very beginning. My issues is happening on my iPhone 12 Pro Max running OS 14.3

I have this super annoying issue that every time I open one of my playlists, it's already set to shuffle mode. My desktop version is not doing this. This is making me crazy for the following reasons:

1. If this is going to be something that is essentially a preset on mobile, it ought to be something you can turn off or on like the equalizer etc. I've looked, and I don't see any place where "all shuffle mode all the time" (my fanciful title) can be turned on or off.
  2. I realize I CAN turn this off manually each time I open a playlist but it's a huge pain in the neck for something I almost never want anyway. Here's why: The quickest way is to unselect the crossed arrows embedded below the play button. But it's really hard to get at that tiny button without just hitting the play button and advancing to some other shuffled track. So that's annoying. So the next fix is to CLICK on the play bar at the bottom that takes you to the track itself, THEN UNCLICK the crossed arrows inside the individual (already out of order) track, THEN CLICK back to the playlist, and THEN CLICK the actual first track. I capitalized all the additional steps to illustrate all the additional steps.

Why all that mess? 

Oh.... wait....

Now I'm feeling a bit silly because I just realized that there's an incredibly easy way to avoid all this: ignore the big play button with the (are they embedded?) crossed arrows and just hit the first track name instead and then the playlist will play normally.

I do feel a bit dumb illustrating my journey to clarity on this point that essentially boils down to: just ignore the play button. Maybe I'm alone on this experience but decided to post anyway just so Spotify could see the confusing UX that essentially marrying the big play button with the shuffle arrows caused for at least one mobile user. 

1 Reply

Hi there @Darthquaker,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this!

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like to see a change in how the Play button on iOS functions, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts