Plan

Premium 

Country

Germany

Device

Amazon Echo Dot 3 Gen.

My Question or Issue

Hello,

when i ask my Echo Dot to play a playlist from Spotify then it happens quiete often that Spotify plays only a few songs (1-3) from this playlist before it stops playing music.

That is very annoying because you have start the music again and again.

Are you aware of this problem?

What can I do to fix it?

Best regards

Marcel

PS. As you can see here in this german chat i am not the only one with this problem:

https://www.alefo.de/forum/echo-dot-spotify-stoppt-sporadisch-die-musik-6298#p44864

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Marcelrot1, help's arrived.

A similar behavior is already being investigated on this thread. Make sure to add a vote and comment there in order to get updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Marcelrot1, help's arrived.

A similar behavior is already being investigated on this thread. Make sure to add a vote and comment there in order to get updates. 

Let us know if there's anything else.

same problem here for MONTHS. On ECHO devices, spotify stops after only a few songs. Very annoying. For me it looks like Amazon stops it on purpose, so people buy Amazon music (Amazon music runs without problems). It would be great if Spotify would produce its own speakers like ECHO, because I basically need the speaker only for spotify.

I changed it to amazon music. Bye, Bye

I have the same problem. Was this resolved? Is the action with Spotify or Amazon??

Had a chat with Amazon Echo Dot Customer Service. They say:
"I checked with my resources and see that songs can be played one by one. In this regard, I have taken this as a suggestion and forwarded to our business development team." Translation needed, they mean IT IS CURRENTLY INTENTIONALLY LIMITED to playing one song at a time.

They also say:
With Alexa and your Spotify Connect subscription, you can say:
"Play music composed by [composer] from Spotify."
"Spotify Connect. / Connect to Spotify." (enables Spotify Connect)
"Play [genre] from Spotify."

So in general, it is shite.

My response was: "This is an issue for a at least a year now from what I see. Many people have taken it up with you and nothing happened. By negligence you are trying to force (*revised it slightly) people to buy Amazon Music even though they already have and are perfectly happy with Spotify Premium".

And theirs was "Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve our website and services. I appreciate your thoughts, and will be sure to pass your suggestion along."

So good luck with getting this resolved!

This isn't a solution and it is idiotic that this thread is marked "solved." It's not.

yes this is far from fixed..it happens on Google Mini, Echo Show 5, and will continue to not work until you reset everything. 

the one solution some people are touting turning off shuffle, but my playlist is 7100 songs so that is not going to happen. 

So yea, 4 years later and we're still here. 

4 years and few months and still going...

I've given up on playing Spotify through Amazon Echo.  I bought two devices to have stereo, but now I'm using a Bluetooth speaker.  Good bye Alexa!

Suggested posts