Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung galaxy s24 ultra 

Operating System

One UI version 6.1, Android version 14

My Question or Issue

I can play my music and podcasts offline after downloading them, but for some reason audiobooks won't play even after downloading. When I try to play, I get an error saying I don't have any internet connection. 

Is there a setting I'm missing or something?

3 Replies

Hey @Annabananer,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

To start troubleshooting this issue, it's worth giving the app a clean reinstall as it helps resolve different issues with Spotify's performance. It also gets rid of any corrupted cached files which may be affecting the behavior and you can follow the steps in this article

After the reinstall, you'll have to re-download the content and then set the app to offline mode to test if you're still getting the error message.

Make sure you're using a stable internet connection when downloading your content and if there's no change, try with a different connection if it's possible. 

Additionally, to test if it's a device-related issue you can even give this process a go on another device. 

Thanks and keep us posted 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue and it's annoying. As a Premium member, I expected to be able to listen to audiobooks offline. I download two, then offline, I attempted to listen but a message showed I'm not able to. I can only listen whilst online only! Meaning my 15 hour allowance is used up! 

I've done exactly as suggested here and the issue remains!

There must be an issue in the settings preventing me from listening, but I can't find it. 

Hi there @TW69,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Bear in mind that if you already used the 15-hour Premium listening time, you won't be able to listen to the Audiobook, even if you downloaded it. You must have listening time available for it to work. Or do you have available Premium listening time and you're still unable to do it? If so, send over a screenshot of the message you get when going offline. 

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts