Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank black screen on web player

Solved!

Blank black screen on web player

When I opened my spotify web player this morning it only would load to a plain black screen, iv'e restarted my computer and the web browser. I'm behind a school internet with DNS servers that i can't change but i've asked the IT and he said it shouldn't be blocked. Any help would be nice!

Also Last week it was working fine.

Screenshot 2018-04-23 at 08.31.03.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just came up for me.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

The web player loads now and works normally.

Marked as solution

Looks like the staff team got it done! spotify player is now back up!

31 Replies

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Along with the attached console errors.

TypeError: t(...) is undefined[Learn More] web-player.e960f069.js:1:904129

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src”). Source:
var _comscore = _comscore [];
_comsc.... browse:24

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: https://spclient.wg.spotify.com/melody/v1/product_state?market=from_token
Line Number 1, Column 1: product_state:1:1

Capture.PNG

@sinistralMan wrote:

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Along with the attached console errors.

TypeError: t(...) is undefined[Learn More] web-player.e960f069.js:1:904129

Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src”). Source:
var _comscore = _comscore [];
_comsc.... browse:24

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: https://spclient.wg.spotify.com/melody/v1/product_state?market=from_token
Line Number 1, Column 1: product_state:1:1

i'm seeing more people having this problem, i'm looking for an easy solution. I have seen a solution with the inspect element, but i don't have access to it because my school policy blocks it. have a solution?

This is happening to me also. I tried restarting my computer and it did not help.

Dito. With Firefox and Waterfox. Cleared cache and cookies, no change.

Getting the same in both Edge and Firefox.

Similar console output for me.

Untitled.png

Ditto.  Started earlier this morning.  Was working fine, then stopped.  Cleared browsing data.  Tried incognito/private mode.  Tried other browsers.  Selected option to log out of all other Spotify sessions.  None of those worked.  Tried Opera, which I have never used to access Spotify before.  Still got a black screen.

Note: Windows 7 with current version of Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.

I'm just starting to think spotify is having massive problems... I hope they get fixed soon, because i've resorted to downloading music that i can remember from my playlist. In my class right now i have 5 others who can't get spotify to load, they get stuck on the same screen I get stuck on. I'm searching the web for a solution.

I'm having the same problem. I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps (clearing cookie/cache, changing browser and so on), but none worked. Any ideas?

I have nothing. I think the spotify team is looking for a solution, no posts about it yet.

I am having this exact problem today too, I only tried to open the webplayer about an hour ago but everything I try doesn't fix it.. really annoying! Hopefully they fix this

SAME! I'm using Chrome webbrowser and have tried all standard trouble-shooting procedures: Restarting computer, refreshing page, and switching to Firefox. I'm hardwired to ethernet, so it musn't be a wifi issue. Hopefully the team at Spotify is on top of this and gets it back up and running soon!

Probably some maintenance. This is stuck to the top of the community page:

"Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon."

Just got this from the Facebook support:
"Hey Bruno. Our best tech folks are on the case as we speak. Hopefully we'll have a fix soon!
"

this may be a temporary issue as it was fine about 2 hours ago when i was using it but now it's just a black screen

I found a temporary bandaid if you're just using your web player to listen through your computer speakers. Use your phone app and on connect to the web player. It'll be blank on the web player but i'll still play and funnily enough, show the title on the tab.

Also having this problem. Tried on Chrome and on Firefox, tried clearing cache and cookies and nothing. It would be really nice if they could implement an error message when problems like this pop up, instead of just a blank screen. I stopped my subscription a while ago because of issues like this. Time to migrate my playlists elsewhere and stop using Spotify for a while I suppose.

Marked as solution

Just came up for me.

Marked as solution

The web player loads now and works normally.

Marked as solution

Looks like the staff team got it done! spotify player is now back up!

Suggested posts