Plan:

Premium

USA

Device

(iPhone X, Macbook Pro late 2015)

Operating System

Current on both.

My Question or Issue:

I would really like to change the picture on the cover of my discover weekly playlist.

Sincerely. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ronjaylove.

We did some research and there might be something else you could try!

You could try to unfollow the Discovery Weekly playlist for a week, and then refollowing it. A quick reinstallation could also help. You can read here how.

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @LukeS11.

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have your Facebook account connected to your Spotify account, you'll be able to get a new Discovery Weekly picture by updating your profile picture. Keep in mind that it can take a few weeks before the Discovery Weekly image changes.

If you don't have a Facebook profile connected to your Spotify account, you'll have the standard Discovery Weekly image.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

I deleted my Facebook 1 year ago. Before Facebook was deleted, my Spotify account was linked to my Facebook. However, ever since I deleted my Facebook, my discover weekly picture has remained the same as my Facebook profile picture prior to deletion. I would like to change it as it is a picture of me and my ex-boyfriend. 😔

Hey @ronjaylove.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It sounds like something might be stuck in your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Is this a joke? Lol. I’m absolutely not creating a new account. Thanks
though.
Marked as solution

Hey @ronjaylove.

We did some research and there might be something else you could try!

You could try to unfollow the Discovery Weekly playlist for a week, and then refollowing it. A quick reinstallation could also help. You can read here how.

Hope it works! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for your help I will try that! Sorry to have been bratty ❤️

Hey @ronjaylove.

That's alright, we understand it!

Nobody want to be kept reminded of their ex. Hope the trick works cause if not than the previous option will de the only option. So it kinda depends on how bad you want to get rid of the picture.

Have a nice day!

Wanted to bump this back up. Have a similar problem. Tried unlinking Facebook and relinking, unsubscribing and re-subscribing to the playlist with no luck. Are there any other options other than creating a new account?

Thanks!

After 2.5 years of having this issue, I went to my account settings in the website (not the desktop or mobile app) and there was a feedback form at the bottom asking me if I had found what I was looking for. I typed out a mad expletive-ridden rant about how I just wanted to reset the picture and a few days later it had reset. So while I don’t recommend my levels of anger, it does appear that someone is paying attention to that feedback form.

Thanks for letting me know! I will have to see if that might work for me. 🙂

Unfortunately, my pic for my Discover Weekly is stuck on the Facebook Profile Pic I used for Halloween and changed the next day. So, it's been stuck since the end of October. You can see in the screenshot that my Facebook profile pic is different, yet it still does not update. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.48.11 AM.png

Is this a bug? Seems like many others are experiencing the same thing. 

Delete your account and create a new one?! This is a horrible suggestion. Who would want to do that? Many have thousands of songs, hundreds of playlists and would have to start all over with the algorithm. Some people like to have private playlists (like me). Some people use Spotify as sort of a "musical journal" for periods of time and stages in their life and get quite attached to all of the work they've put into their account.

Especially not cool if you pay $14.99 a month ($180 a year!) for the service.

A better solution is for Spotify to find the root problem of the issue and work to resolve it, IMO.

Good to know!

For me this was solved after i did a few things : 
- updated my profile picture on web inside profile accounts.
- waited sometime for the new picture to appear on Discover weekly and it did not update.
- removed "Discover weekly" from my home.
- uninstalled Spotify from my iPhone, I had it running on my laptop's browser.
- install Spotify again on my iPhone and then from my phone go ahead and add "Discover weekly" again.
- on my laptop after maybe like 30 minutes I did see the new image appear.

Suggested posts