Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Daily Podcast playlist recommending played podcasts

Daily Podcast playlist recommending played podcasts

Plan: Premium
Device: iPhone 11

Hi! I recently got into Spotify Podcasts, and I've noticed that the "daily podcast" playlist is sort of useless right now, which is a shame since Spotify is known for the recommendation algorithm. 

As of right now, the Daily Podcast is recommended two episodes to me that I have already watched (one was watched yesterday, the other was watched months ago.) Furthermore, the "new podcast" it is supposed to recommend has been the same episode for the past 3 days - it is a podcast about becoming a landlord and I have absolutely zero interest in watching it now or ever. Does the recommended podcast ever change? Since there is no way to block or say "not interested!," it seems like I am just stuck with an all-around broken and useless playlist. 

IMG_4948.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @MoonlightSkye

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and device.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this happens across devices or only on your phone?

Also, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Edit: didn't mean to reply to myself

Logging out twice did not fix the issue 😞  The issue is consistent along my phone and my PC version of Spotify (windows 11). I only recently returned to Spotify after a few months away, so I am only just noticing the issue now as of about 3 days ago.

Hey @MoonlightSkye

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Spotify makes recommendations based on your listening habits (what you like, share, save, skip) but also, the listening habits in your region/country and top songs of the genres you liked.

The more you use the app listening to different podcasts, the better recommendations you'll get. 

On another note, you can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. 

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. 

Check out this FAQ to learn more about it. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts