Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Indizierte Musik

Indizierte Musik

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, indizierte Songs oder Alben wie z.b. JBG1 anzuhören? Die Alben sind zwar auf Spotify vorhanden, jedoch grau unterlegt und können nicht abgespielt werden. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese abzuspielen?

Danke!

13 Replies

Hey @dalla55, help's arrived. 

We hope you don't mind us replying in English. It sounds like there's some music you can't access right now in the app. 

Keep in mind that availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

Spotify adds new content every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Hope that helps, and let us know if there's anything else 🙂

Not really,

i mean, some music, for example in germany, is on the "Index", its only allowed to be sold to persons who are older than 18. In Spotify these songs are in grey and can't be played. But cause I'm older than 18 and are allowed to consume such music my question is, if there is anyway to listen to such music.

Hey @dalla55,

Thanks for getting back to us.

All songs available for the German market should be available for you. Find out if you toggled on the Explicit filter. More info about this here.

If you don't have the explicit filter on, then you are most likely looking at songs that aren't available (anymore). They might come back in the future though.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Yes, the filter is switched on. The music is in Germany available, but not public. You can buy the music if you ask for it, but it's forbidden to have the music in the store for public. You can buy the music if you ask for the music and if you are older than 18. In Spotify such music is NOT available, even if you are over 18.

Example : "Jung, brutal, gutaussehend" from Kollegah and Farid Bang, year 2009.

You can buy the music in shops if you ask for it and when you are over 18 but on Spotify it's not available.

Hey @dalla55,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The song you are talking about is available in Germany if you have the Explict filter turned off.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

The problem "indizierte Musik" still exist!

@jemi

@dalla55

@guido

In Germany, some albums with explicit content are "indiziert". Shops are not allowed to advertise these albums in public, but they are allowed to sell this kind of albums to people, who are over 18.

"Werden die betroffenen Medien in die Liste jugendgefährdender Schriften eingetragen, dürfen sie nach § 15 JuSchG im Handel nicht öffentlich ausgelegt und nur an Kunden ab 18 Jahren auf Nachfrage nach dem entsprechenden Titel abgegeben werden und in Medien, die Jugendlichen zugänglich sind, nicht beworben werden."

I am over 18, I can find and access the album links below via google search, but I can't play the songs in Spotify, whether the explicit button is switched on or off.

@Spotify Please solve this frustrating issue! Please implement a setting to enable the access to this kind of albums, if you can prove that you are over 18. Otherwise, Spotify is less free/ more censored than a normal music shop in Germany.

Examples:

I can confirm that songs that are censored for people under the age of 18 are still not showing up in spotify.

The explicit filter is not the problem in this case.

As you can see in the attached image it shows all explicit songs from the album "Body Count" except "Cop Killer" which should be number 18.

There are a lot of examples. If you want to do some cross-checking this is a list of censored songs and albums in Germany: https://www.schnittberichte.com/svds.php?Page=Indizierungen&Kat=Musik

Please add a way to confirm that someone is of legal age in Germany so they can access all songs.

spotify-censored.jpg

This has nothing to do with "explicit" content. Its about a law protecting children. As adults we would like to have an option telling you: "i'm older than 18 and gangster rap won't make me an actual gangster". Please fix this! FAST! Its annoying that I can't hear some of my favorite songs because you guys ban this content for everyone, not just kids. How is this still a problem? Please. Fix. This.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for looking for answers in the Community!

Certain songs/albums and podcasts are not available for streaming in every region due to market specific licensing and other music distribution laws specific to the country/region. As much as we'd like to have every song available on the platform that is not always the case.

If the music you'd love to listen to isn't on Spotify, it'd be great to try the following:

• Get in touch with the related artists' label on social media or their site!

• You can fill out this form to register Music request.

• In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library.

If you think other users might also like to be able to listen to such explicit content in Germany, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry Mods aber ihr habt nicht, ein einziges mal, auf die gestellten Fragen geantwortet!

jeder hier hat kapiert dass es verschiedene Regionen/ Lizenzrechte gibt!

Es hat auch nichts damit zu tun, dass die Interpreten die Songs nicht bei euch zulassen!

Wir wollen eine Möglichkeit (Schalter/Altersverifikation usw.) der uns erlaubt indizierte Songs, die über 18 jährige, legal, in Deutschland, hören und kaufen dürfen, abzuspielen.

Und noch mal sorry Mods, nur in englisch ist nicht. (Schwarze Klausel Nr.8 Anhang zu § 3 Abs. 3 des Gesetzes gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb (UWG) Europäisches Recht)

Also sicher auch kein "like", für immer wieder nicht gelesen was gewollt ist. Eher eine Beschwerde 😉

Hi there @PiPa_pi,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

This is how it it is according to the agreements in the Country. We suggest that you head over to this idea. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates. You can vote even on ideas with status like this one.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@PiPa_pi

Habe eine neue Idee zum Voten erstellt (auch wenn es nach wie vor danach aussieht, dass bei Spotify niemand das Problem versteht).

Hier gehts zur Idee. Bitte votet, damit Sporitfy sich damit beschäftigt:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Android-Other-Indizierte-Musik-in-Deutschland-durc...

Bei mir steht da nur Access Denied, da wir es mittlerweile 2024 haben und es immernoch niemand bei Spotify gerafft hat, wird es auch in Zukunft leider nichts werden. In meinen Augen eine absolute Frechheit, Content für den man den gleichen Preis zahlt im Ausland anzubieten und hier nicht, weil wir immernoch wie zu den '30er Jahren leben wo Musik zensiert werden muss, obwohl es in anderen Ländern halt klappt nur hier nicht. Weiteres Armutszeugnis für Spotify und Deutschland generell. Finde es super, dass man Musik im Ausland zum gleichen Preis hören kann während es dir hier verwehrt wird. Das gleiche wie mit Games die für uns zensiert werden müssen. Klasse Deutschland. Sehr fortschrittliches Land im Fall Medien und Internet.

Suggested posts