Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with Spotify Connect volume synchronization on Samsung soundbar

Issues with Spotify Connect volume synchronization on Samsung soundbar

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 / Samsung Galaxy S20 / Samsung HW-Q80R Soundbar

Operating System

Android 8.0.0 / Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I would like to use Spotify connect on my soundbar which is my main sound system at home, but unfortunately I'm too afraid to use it because of the volume synchronization issues I am experiencing. When I try to change the volume from my phone, the volume is set to 50 on my soundbar (15 is what I use for movies, which is already loud), thus scaring every single person and cat in my household to death. This also occurs if I set both the soundbar and phone media volume to the lowest possible volume before starting Spotify connect.

Procedure:

1. Start the soundbar, set volume to 1

2. Start Spotify on the phone, start a song, set volume to the lowest possible without muting

3. Connect to the soundbar using Spotify connect

4. Decrease or increase the volume on the phone, now the media volume is suddenly in the middle, and the soundbar volume is set to 50!

5. Get a heartattack.

Help! What is the issue here? What can I do? I have already updated Spotify, the soundbar firmware, Android...

7 Replies

Update: I now have a new Samsung Galaxy S20, with the latest Android version, unfortunately I have the exact same issue. So at least I know it wasn't related to the phone itself. Any ideas, please?

Hi, this should be fixed for you now.

You can see the speaker volume level in the bottom of the device picker after having transferred playback to it.

Well it hasn't been fixed, same issue for both me and my wife on her phone. Indeed I can see the volume in the app, but the issue is that the volume jumps to a very high volume when I press the volume rocker on the side of the phone down.

I just have to refrain from using the volume rocker on my phone, and only use the remote. The problem is that you sometimes forget...

Hey @Over-,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app using this guide. In most cases this resolves connectivity issues like the ones you're experiencing.

If that doesn't fix things, could you try and control the volume on your Samsung soundbar from another device and see if the issue comes up there as well? Another smartphone or a laptop should do the trick. If you have the option to also give it a go over a different internet network, that would help us get to the bottom of this quicker. Perhaps a mobile hotspot would be a convenient way to test this?

Pleas include the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of all devices you can replicate this behavior with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Check that you've got updated firmware (1012.6) on the soundbar

Hello, I did some testing today and wasn't able to reproduce the issue on any of the two phones that had the issue.

• I didn't update the soundbar firmware as suggested by santeri, it was already the latest one (1012.6).
  • I did however remove the soundbar from the Samsung SmartThings app and added it again (because I couldn't find it in Spotify).
  • I also did a clean install of Spotify on one of the phones as suggested by Mikhail.
  • Other than that I updated the Spotify app to the latest version.

The issue didn't appear when testing with either of the phones, but I am still going to observe the issue. My guess is that one of the Spotify app updates fixed the issue.

Hi again @Over-,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We're glad to know that this was sorted out!

In case the issue comes back or if you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts