Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Launch Xbox Spotify app from iPhone

Launch Xbox Spotify app from iPhone

On my Xbox One the typical way to control playback through my phone (Spotify Connect) requires me to open/launch the Spotify app within the Xbox menu.  On PS4 you don't even have to launch the Spotify app to use Spotify connect. When I go to the connect menu on Spotify it's right there at all times. I can even wake my PS4 using Spotify. On the Xbox however, I need to open the app first before it will appear. Will this feature be implemented for Xbox??

6 Replies

Hi,

It is not possible to wake Xbox One this way right now. However, you don't need to start Spotify on Xbox One first to control it. When your mobile is on the same network as Xbox, Spotify would be started automatically.

//S 

Just entirely control your music through your phone or leave the xbox on.

My Xbox will only show under my iPhones Spotify app as a “device” if I launch the Xbox Spotify app first. It doesn’t show the Xbox if my Xbox is on but the app isn’t running/launched. Am I doing something wrong here? It shows up immediately as soon as I launch the Spotify app though on my Xbox. 

This is supposed to happen yes but feel free to contact spotify directly for more info

Well, as usual check that you have latest version of everything and everywhere. If still doesn't work, try to bisect the problem e.g. try desktop client instead of iPhone or try different network router.

I am able to start Spotify on Xbox from my android.

//S

@stratosnn wrote:

Well, as usual check that you have latest version of everything and everywhere. If still doesn't work, try to bisect the problem e.g. try desktop client instead of iPhone or try different network router.

I am able to start Spotify on Xbox from my android.

//S

Checked and I have both the latest versions on my Xbox & iPhone. What’s funny is the update notes for the Xbox app show that they recently added the ability to launch the app via your phone. Not sure if this simply refers to Spotify connect control after you open/launch the Xbox app manually first.  I had a friend test their setup as well and they still have to launch the Xbox app first then can remote control via their phone (iOS). 

Suggested posts