Free

Country

Germany

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For some perculiar reason, whenever i try to play a song in the Web Player on Opera GX (not the sidebar), it skips a few songs and plays another one, plays it for exactly 9 seconds, then the music cuts out. when I reload the page, it says that it's currently playing music on another web browser (chrome), which can't be, since i already logged out of every possible session. What's going on??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ArseneLupin111207 ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

We'd first recommend to check your host files. Steps can be found in this article 

It's also a good idea to reset your password. Make sure to use your email address and the new password when you're logging back in. 

Check also for any pending updates on your browser and make sure you're using the latest version available so that you don't miss out on any fixes. 

In the meantime, you can try opening the Web Player in an incognito/private window in your browser to see if you'll experience the same.

Let us know how it goes! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ArseneLupin111207 ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community! This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

We'd first recommend to check your host files. Steps can be found in this article 

It's also a good idea to reset your password. Make sure to use your email address and the new password when you're logging back in. 

Check also for any pending updates on your browser and make sure you're using the latest version available so that you don't miss out on any fixes. 

In the meantime, you can try opening the Web Player in an incognito/private window in your browser to see if you'll experience the same.

Let us know how it goes! 

LyubkaModerator

Hey Lyubka,
Thanks for the answer, Opera GX just pushed out a browser update, seems like it's fixed now!

Thank you for the help ^^

I have tried following these steps, but it seems like I am still experiencing these issues. I have tried reinstalling Spotify, resetting my password, I've checked my host files, I've updated the browser, and I've tried opening it in an incognito window, but nothing seems to be working. Is there anything else I can try?

Hey @Klok100,

Sorry to hear that!

Let's try logging out of all devices and web pages at once:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

Note: This doesn't include partner devices (e.g. speakers, games consoles, and TVs), so for those go to your apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS.

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nothing is working, and my Spotify still isn't functioning. I might have to delete Opera GX if this continues because Spotify is a huge deal breaker if it doesn't work.

Suggested posts