Country

United States

Device

Playstation 5

Operating System

21.01-03.10.00.03-00.00.00.0.1

Spotify version: 3.72

Issue:

Ever since Spotify’s new update on PS5, the audio for any song I play through the PS5 Spotify app or even through the PS5 quick menu seems to stutter/lag/freeze at a random time during the song that is currently playing and happens every so often. The stutter seems to randomly stall the song for a couple of seconds with no audio. It’s gotten so annoying and I’ve tried rebuilding the database on my PS5, troubleshooting my internet connection, deleting the Spotify app and reinstalling, and the issue still persists. Please fix this. 

35 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

Could you provide us with the information requested in @Eni's post?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Spotify is PS4 version installed on ps5 and it's 3.85 and my PS5 is
22.01-05.10.00.23-00.00.00.0.1 (very long)

Still no progress on this issue?

I even tried to connect the PS5 directly to my router but it does not solve anything. After a couple of songs it just starts stuttering and it keeps ongoing. This is frustrating as **bleep** since it only happens on the playstation 5, every other device just works fine. 

Hi, same problem here for months... I tried everything: uninstall, empty the cache, changing connection... The problem is only on my PS5 and I have never faced this issue on my PS4, nor with any other platform. This is getting really annoying and frustrating. Releasing a PS5 version of Spotify could be a good idea...

Experiencing the same in south Africa. Really messing up my gaming experience.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you send us the info we've requested above? We'd like to further look into this.

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

I don't see any request for info but the issue is that songs stutter/lag. It used to happen a few songs in (from 3rd or 4th song) but lately it's happening from the first song. I could be wrong but it only seems to happen while a game is being played. If I play songs without any apps/games playing it seems to run smoothly although I haven't tested this extensively.

It is worth noting that I mostly play online games. I have a solid 100meg uncapped fibre line so internet speed is a non-issue, also, it only happens on the PS5, songs play perfectly on other devices.

EDIT: After resetting my router a couple of times, the issue seems to be fixed for now.

So it must have been my internet connection dropping out that was the problem.

Spotify version 1.003.000

PS5

I really thought that with the PS5 getting it's own version the problem would be resolved. 

I am still having this problem

Hey @Markjsemple,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting you've done so far? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, can you share with us the info @Eni asked above? It'll help us to continue investigating this behavior further.

Meanwhile, you can try clearing the cache of your PS5, by following these steps:

• Power off your PS5, then unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait around 30 sec.
  • Plug the cord back in and power on your PS5.

Keep in mind that you'll lose your settings, so you'll have to readjust them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Same issue here in Germany. Do you have any solution so far. All my other devices work nicely. Ps4, Bose, TV, Smartphone...

Hey @BB_World,

Thanks for your reply,

Would you mind sharing with us if you tried some of the troubleshooting steps suggested in this thread? That way, we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, and as mentioned above, can you share with us the info @Eni asked above? It'll help us continue investigating this behavior further.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hi There
So, I use my spotify on my Mac, ipad, and iphone and there is never any stuttering. I also used to use my spotify with my my PS4 pro and there were zero issues (same internet connection), however, I recently bought my ps5 and PSVR 2 and it is IMPOSSIBLE to listen to spotify while I game now. It starts off fine and then about 3 songs into it, it starts stuttering, and often falling away completely. Sometimes it comes right for a bit and then gets worse, sometimes just remains terrible until I crash my game and turn it off, and sometimes it stutters until its inaudible and then never comes back on.

I was really hoping this update resolved this issue THAT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR TWO YEARS NOW!! but no, in fact it's gotten way worse, Spotify has become unusable on PS5. Time to check out Apple Music 

I have the exact same issue, but I’ve also got it with Apple Music. So I don’t think it’s all down to Spotify. I think it’s also partly Sonys problem 

Suggested posts