Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Partnerships] Dear SONOS and Spotify. Get together and give us an answer.

Solved!

[Partnerships] Dear SONOS and Spotify. Get together and give us an answer.

Dear SONOS and Spotify

As one of your thousands (millions?) of customers i am very frustrated that i can’t get a straight answer from either SONOS og Spotify.

The issue is the missing Spotify-functions in SONOS control.

SONOS is sold as Loudspeakers, and they are good at that. Spotify is sold as music library and is excellent as that.

So far so good.

But when it comes to control the music it starts to limp. The SONOS control does not have alle the functions there are in Spotify, and Spotify can’t control SONOS.

We miss the radiofunction and possibility to search and pick playlists without “following” them first. There are surely other missing functions. Why not just implement them all?

There are thousands of comments and prayers on both communities, but no answer.

Some users have different stories about asking both SONOS of Spotify about this, and apparently the two companies are blaming each other.

I dont think it is that simple. There must be more to the story than that. But what?

Please SONOS and Spotify:

Give us an official answer. Join at least in this, so your paying customers can make their choice.

I guess SONOS / Spotify will be the perfect match if you get together ad solve this problem.

This is published on both Spotify and SONOS.

With hope for an constructive answer.

Best regards

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Newly became Rising Star.
Not yet experienced, but willing to learn.
If i can help, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Dear Spotify

Thanks - That was what i hoped for. That both Spotify and SONOS has focus and attention on this matter.

I got direct answer (email) from both SONOS and Spotify to day.

There is no conslusion other what we already know.

Spotify kicks the ball to SONOS, that returns it for at cornerkick.

Below i insert the answers i got, and my reply to SONOS and Spotify.

Have tried a bit of diplomacy and hope it will help getting SONOS and Spotify together.

Either to "do the thing" or to bury it for ever.

With great hope

Poul Erik

- - - My answer to SONOS and Spotify - - -

Dear (Kære) Nikolai Sørensen

As you can see i have written exactly the same mail to SONOS and Spotify. And you are quite right. There is no useable answer.

Below i copy the answer i got from Spotify. And they are clearly “blaming” SONOS.

I understand, that SONOS would implement the full Spotify function if you could. But if you dont get the API, you can’t.

But that is putting all the paying customers in a bad situation.

I know that a lot of users have tried to get you two together, so why do i think that my diplomacy would work?

Is it completely out of the question, that SONOS and Spotify release a joined statement?

Just to close the issue?

Best regards

Poul Erik

- - -  Spotify answer - - -

Hello Erik,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on the use of Spotify with Sonos.

Since Sonos developed their own Spotify app their customer support will need to help you out regarding the Spotify functions their devices support. Get in touch with them here.

If there is something on our end, Sonos will contact us directly.

We hope this information finds you well. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other Spotify needs.

Kind regards *•♪

Lili 

- - - SONOS answer - - -

Dear Poul Erik,

Thank you for contacting Sonos technical support.

I'm afraid that there is no official answer from both sides.

As you might have notices then other services have similar functions and those are added to our system without any issues.

But at this point we (are not) given access to the full API from Spotify's side. Where others (as you might have notices) have given us full access.

I know that we are still in close contact with Spotify to arrange the given features.

But at this point all I can advice if you want to use spotify's native application is either to use a Sonos PLAY:5 (using the line-in function) or a Sonos CONNECT/AMP (using the line-in function).

Sorry that I can not give any information that you already know.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks and regards,

Nicolai Sørensen

Sonos Customer Care

PATRIOTEN

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

We got heard ! ! ! 

Now it is official. Spotify Radio comes for SONOS.

Out in BETA now, so it is only a question of time.

Thanks Spotify and SONOS. I am glad i stayed at Spotify.

Best regards

Poul Erik

Spotify on Sonos Update

Posted on June 18th, 2015 by Sonos Staff in News, Worldwide

New features and improvements are available in beta for Android users starting today (iOS and desktop coming soon).

Last month we announced a new set of tools to help us bring you more from our streaming music partners. Among the first to take advantage of these is Spotify.

Now in beta, this update brings more of the Spotify features you enjoy in every room of your home through the Sonos Controller App, like genres + moods, time-of-day recommendations, and the ability to start a radio station from any artist or track.

PATRIOTEN

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

13 Replies

Hey there!
Yea, that's what I'd like to know, too! Moved your topic over here since it's technically not a feature request but I've escalated this to the staff. Hopefully the community managers can ask the right people to get a relevant answer to this issue.

Hello. Spotify here. We don't have any more information to share right now - but as soon as we do, we'll let you know. We will update threads like this as soon as we have more info. We're actively reading your feedback and comments, and we want you to know we're listening.

Marked as solution

Dear Spotify

Thanks - That was what i hoped for. That both Spotify and SONOS has focus and attention on this matter.

I got direct answer (email) from both SONOS and Spotify to day.

There is no conslusion other what we already know.

Spotify kicks the ball to SONOS, that returns it for at cornerkick.

Below i insert the answers i got, and my reply to SONOS and Spotify.

Have tried a bit of diplomacy and hope it will help getting SONOS and Spotify together.

Either to "do the thing" or to bury it for ever.

With great hope

Poul Erik

- - - My answer to SONOS and Spotify - - -

Dear (Kære) Nikolai Sørensen

As you can see i have written exactly the same mail to SONOS and Spotify. And you are quite right. There is no useable answer.

Below i copy the answer i got from Spotify. And they are clearly “blaming” SONOS.

I understand, that SONOS would implement the full Spotify function if you could. But if you dont get the API, you can’t.

But that is putting all the paying customers in a bad situation.

I know that a lot of users have tried to get you two together, so why do i think that my diplomacy would work?

Is it completely out of the question, that SONOS and Spotify release a joined statement?

Just to close the issue?

Best regards

Poul Erik

- - -  Spotify answer - - -

Hello Erik,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts on the use of Spotify with Sonos.

Since Sonos developed their own Spotify app their customer support will need to help you out regarding the Spotify functions their devices support. Get in touch with them here.

If there is something on our end, Sonos will contact us directly.

We hope this information finds you well. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other Spotify needs.

Kind regards *•♪

Lili 

- - - SONOS answer - - -

Dear Poul Erik,

Thank you for contacting Sonos technical support.

I'm afraid that there is no official answer from both sides.

As you might have notices then other services have similar functions and those are added to our system without any issues.

But at this point we (are not) given access to the full API from Spotify's side. Where others (as you might have notices) have given us full access.

I know that we are still in close contact with Spotify to arrange the given features.

But at this point all I can advice if you want to use spotify's native application is either to use a Sonos PLAY:5 (using the line-in function) or a Sonos CONNECT/AMP (using the line-in function).

Sorry that I can not give any information that you already know.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks and regards,

Nicolai Sørensen

Sonos Customer Care

PATRIOTEN

Why is above posts marked as "Solutions"? So far I see the case is still very open!

My question is; has Spotify an API for the radio function that is accessable by third parties? And what about search for playlists?

Dear Videonisse

The post are marked as solutions because the issue is now up to the two companies.

They have to find each other. It is not longer a question of why they dont talk. They do. And now we know.

Now it is only a question of when. And i think they are both lisentning.

Hope this answers your question

Med venlig hilsen

Poul Erik

PATRIOTEN

Seems like trying out Napster would be as good idea.

I guess now you wanna push this before Apple Music joins up with Sonos...right?

Yes - I hope somebody is awake

//PE

PATRIOTEN

Marked as solution

We got heard ! ! ! 

Now it is official. Spotify Radio comes for SONOS.

Out in BETA now, so it is only a question of time.

Thanks Spotify and SONOS. I am glad i stayed at Spotify.

Best regards

Poul Erik

Spotify on Sonos Update

Posted on June 18th, 2015 by Sonos Staff in News, Worldwide

New features and improvements are available in beta for Android users starting today (iOS and desktop coming soon).

Last month we announced a new set of tools to help us bring you more from our streaming music partners. Among the first to take advantage of these is Spotify.

Now in beta, this update brings more of the Spotify features you enjoy in every room of your home through the Sonos Controller App, like genres + moods, time-of-day recommendations, and the ability to start a radio station from any artist or track.

PATRIOTEN

The update has also been released to all users (not just beta testers) of iOS devices! Finally!

Almost all of Spotify's features are now available in the Sonos app except a limited number of charts. It would be great if they add "top 50 by country" and "viral 50 by country".

This is good news, but still does not address the REAL issue with the way music is organized in Spotify using MyAlbums and MyArtists, when SONOS is still using Playlists...
Marked as solution

Sonos announced today that it's opening up its platform to Spotify Connect

https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/30/sonos-opens-up-spotify-connect-and-amazon-echo-control-is-comin/

Really nice, many thanks to Sonos and Spotify to make this happen! It works great using Sonos 7 beta. Now I can use the Spotify app to play music via my Sonos Connect 🙂

Suggested posts