Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem logging in on Xbox

Solved!

Problem logging in on Xbox

USA 
Premium

Xbox One

I've had years of good integration with this app on Xbox, but as of this morning it has logged me out and will not connect back to my spotify account either through wireless, pairing, or login and password. I've tried hard console reset, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the spotify app. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community.

What you've mentioned was reported here and should be fixed now. Could you give it another try and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I have had the spotify app for my Xbox one for many months and it has worked alright for the most part but today it has completely stopped working. I checked the status of spotify and it had some issues so I waited till it was cleared up. When it was cleared it it completely signed me out on my Xbox which I thought was no big deal but now when I sign in I can play on song that had been playing on my Alexa or iPhone before it stops. I can not skip forward, back, turn on shuffle, but I can like and dislike songs. That’s it there is no way to interact with the app after a song has started. I can’t change the song or the album. When I try to connect through my phone it says connecting and never connects. I can listen on my phone and have the one song playing on my Xbox. I am at a loss I have uninstalled spotify on my Xbox and phone hard reset both of them but nothing has changed.

Plan

Premium

Country

United states

Device

Xbox ONE

Operating System

No clue Its xbox

My Question or Issue

So, since yesterday morning I have been unable to log in to spotify on my xbox one. This IS NOT a password or login issue. I can log in fine on pc and on my phone. No method for logging in on xbox works currently. I can't login with Pairing, I cant use the network my xbox and phone are on to choose devices, and using my email password doesnt work either. It just sits there on the login screen doing nothing. If I do try that it keeps saying "Connecting..." Endlessly. Two of my other friends on xbox are having the exact same issues. My guess is there is something wrong with the app on xbox and this may be a more widespread issue. Though may not appear it as there is no way for an xbox user to easily submit a report. As a person who is disabled and uses music to stay calm and help focus and just help me get through my day without losing it. I'm kind of Losing it, so at this point any help would be appreciated. 2 days of no music for me is too much.

Same excat problem i even uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox app

Yup, it's a shame. It's happened to me personally about 5 times. (Even before this Virus**bleep**, which is probably the excuse for the issue) And contacting support is the biggest pain in the ass, so I wouldn't even bother. And I hate to say it, but it took Spotify 2 weeks to respond to me, and to have my account returned to me. May or may not be true for you, but it was for me. Sorry to hear that problem, but most of us are experiencing the same problem. And I'm not obligated, or probably not allowed to say this, but if I were you, I'd stick to soundcloud. Not saying it's better, but better than what we have now. I personally never had a problem there. But that's just me, hope they fix your problem though

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Xbox One S

Operating System

Xbox

My Question or Issue

I was recently signed out of my Spotify randomly on my Xbox, and it will not let me sign back in. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, changing my password, using both my email and my username and pin pairing but nothing has worked. And it doesn’t even come up with an error message, I just click log in and it just doesn’t do anything. And yes I’m sure I’m using the right email, username and password.

Hold up everybody! There may be some hope! After 4 hours of Spotify loading my account, Im able to access it! If by some miracle it only worked for me, I'm really sorry for giving out false hope

Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thank you for reaching out about this here in the Community.

What you've mentioned was reported here and should be fixed now. Could you give it another try and let us know how it goes?

Thanks!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi i just installed spotify on xbox and i have the same problem every method of login i use does nothing what should i do ?

The link you have is not a solution and is not related to this topic.

spotify not letting me sign in anymore on my xbox, basically the same issue that happened about a year ago

@Jihhun 

Sorry to hear about this.

I think there is a current issue at Spotify.

On my end the Web Player and TV apps aren't working at the moment and might be also affecting Connect.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts