Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App on LG C9 no sound on playback

Solved!

Spotify App on LG C9 no sound on playback

I recently purchased an LG C9 OLED TV (this is the 2019 model) and when trying to stream music using the built in Spotify app I get no sound despite the track showing as playing. I am using the most recent version of the app. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Volume is turned up. Mute is off. Audio is through internal TV speakers, no external devices are connected. I have a Spotify premium subscription and I am logged in through facebook. Other apps (e.g. Netflix) work with no issues.

Is this a known issue with the Spotify app on LG decives (or this specific device)?

Also, after about 30 seconds of streaming the app will randomly jump back to the Spotify home screen. Further, selecting play to start streaming a track only works intermittently, most of the time nothing happens.

I called LG tech support. They concluded it's an issue with the app and not the TV but they have no record of similar issues reported by other customers (not sure if that's tracked but the lady said she's not aware of an issue).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Was able to resolve by resetting TV to factory settings and then reinstalling the Spotify app

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Solution:

In the general settings, turn "Quick Start+" off.  That will allow the TV to actually shut down properly instead of going into a kind of hibernation state where it never actually resets how the audio is internally configured with the player (nor hence the bug that's causing the issue).

With that option off, turning the TV off and back on again actually fixes it, as I'm sure you all would probably have otherwise already tried to do in the first place.  Hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Was able to resolve by resetting TV to factory settings and then reinstalling the Spotify app

Thanks! Please @Spotify, can you update the app so there is no need to reset the whole TV just for your app? Tanks!

I've got the same issue and a factory reset didn't work for me.

Any other solution Spotify?

A little update. Either Spotify has updated the app or LG has fixed something. But after uninstalling and reinstalling the app a few more times it's now suddenly working.

I've also tried to reach the Spotify support directly but that's a complete waste of time. Both of the messages I've received from the support proved that they did not read my messages at all.

Reaching out to Spotify in general about any issues is the biggest waste of time anyone can embark upon.  They exemplify companies what it means to never strive to go beyond the minimum viable product.  Anything beyond what requires the minimum amount of maintenance or servicing of customers isn't worth the ROI (return on investment) for them.  They are the furthest from a company that even remotely has whatever considerations built in out of care for the consumers as individuals.

Marked as solution

Solution:

In the general settings, turn "Quick Start+" off.  That will allow the TV to actually shut down properly instead of going into a kind of hibernation state where it never actually resets how the audio is internally configured with the player (nor hence the bug that's causing the issue).

With that option off, turning the TV off and back on again actually fixes it, as I'm sure you all would probably have otherwise already tried to do in the first place.  Hope this works for you!

Worked! Thanks!!!

Wow worked like magic!!

This was actually the only thing that helped with this issue. Thank you!

Turning "quick start" off did not help in my case. I have the exact same problems, except for the app randomly jumping back to home screen.

Suggested posts