Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Delay on Samsung TV

Spotify Connect Delay on Samsung TV

Hello, so the issue that I’m having is if I go and play a song in the Spotify app it’ll go through the first 10 seconds silent before starting back at the beginning on it’s own and plays with sound. Has anyone experienced this issue? I’ve tried reinstalling the app and checking for updates. I also checked to see if the app on my iOS needs to be updated as well. When I try to play from my iOS to my computer for example, no delay there. I have updated the software on my TV and the app on the TV.

20 Replies

Hi there, thanks for asking in the community. There are a few steps you could try to fix this easily:

- Go to Spotify.com, go to your account.
- Scroll down and click on Sign Out Everywhere.
- This will log you out everywhere and you will need to download your content offline again.
- After this, uninstall the Spotify App and re-install.
- Sign in and check if it is working as expected.
- Also, make sure that you are not using any VPN or DNS service.

Let us know how it goes!

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Amayy,

I’m still experiencing issues with the delay after taking the steps you
listed above. One point of clarity though. This only occurs if I manually
select/skip or fast forward through a song. If I let the song that was
delayed by 10 seconds play through, then the next song starts immediately.
Any potential other fixes?

Hi @Stangote!

Do you control the playback (i.e. which song should play next, etc.) from your phone? Does the delay occur when you fast-forward through the phone? If yes, try the fast-forwarding through the TV itself to see if the issue is still present.

You can also use your computer (instead of your phone) to control the playback and check if the delay still occurs.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I’m still experiencing this issue. What does work though is connected my
phone through Bluetooth and/or air playing it, but the Spotify Connect is
where there is the delay still. So there is a workaround, but the
disadvantage here is I wouldn’t be able to navigate through any playlist
like I would be able to in the smart tv app.

Hi again @Stangote,

Thanks for the reply!

Could you record a short video which showcases this delay in action? That way we can get a clear understanding of how things look like on your end. If possible, try controlling the music from another mobile device instead of your iPhone to see if the delay still occurs? You can also try reinstalling the Spotify app on your TV, if you haven't already.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Sure, here is a Link 

Hi @Stangote and thanks for the video recording,

One thing that might be causing this delay is the network itself. You can try opening a mobile hotspot from your phone and connecting both your phone and the TV to that mobile WiFi network.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, I’m still experiencing the same issue. I think what I’ll do going
forward is just to airplay it and then maybe check back in when the app
updates again.

Hey Stangote, I'm also experiencing this issue. Did you happen to find anything that worked?

Hey @cseguna,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? Make sure to mention if you try some of the solutions present in this thread.

Did you already try a reinstall of the app on your devices? You could start with a clean reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can find the steps to do it here.

On another note, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use?

We'll keep an eye on your response! 

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello, i have the same annoying problem , but my device is a denon receiver, I have tried everything from above but nothing help, I have tried from my wife phone to and is the same problem

I forgot to tell you that this problem has appeared from approx 3-4 months, before has worked perfectly with no delay. 

I'm having the same issue in a Samsung Q70A. Also randomly after 5 to 10 minutes music cuts off for a couple of seconds. Network is find for 4k video, Spotify in other devices or through airplay.

**bleep** i just had the same problem just as you describe. Has anyone came up with solution ? Please help me

Hello!

I had the same issue. Works perfectly once I attached the tv to my modem with a wire instead of the wireless connection.

Hope this helps.

Never mind. Worked yesterday, doesn't anymore. 10 second delay is back.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for posting here in the Community.

I'd suggest you reach out directly to the support team from Samsung about this. Firmware updates on TVs and app updates from Spotify's end sometimes get out of tune which might cause issues like this.

We're always working on improving the connection between the Spotify service and other manufacturers, but we haven't received recent reports for this. 

If this issue started occurring after a recent firmware update, it's best to let the folks from Samsung know about this.

In the meantime what you can do is check for any new firmware update available and let that run.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

This issue also started on my Samsung UA65TU7000 - I've had the TV for over a year - never had a problem until about 2 months ago. It buffers for 10 secs, the every few minutes the audio will dropout for about 5 secs.

Again - it is connected wireless near the router to a 1Gbps internet connection. It runs 4k video such as Netflix / Prime / Youtube with no issue whatsoever.

The TV firmware is fully up-to-date.

There is clearly some bug somewhere in the app.

Samsung didn't believe it was their fault. I'm not sure what I should do with this. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with smart hub because after resetting to factory defaults it works when it has not updated the smarthub. After next restart it starts to have 12 sec delay.

Suggested posts