Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
I'm a spotify user (premium) for a year and I recently (since approximatively 1 à 2 weeks) experience problems with Spotify Connect on my amplifier Yamaha RX-V681.
It worked very well before. I was able to launch my music with Spotify Connect on my amplifier from my iPhone, iPad or my PC (Windows 8.1) without any problem.
Now, i see the amp (RX-V681) on the list of devices to which I can stream but when I choose it, the spotify connect icon stays grey (not green like before)
I tried the following:
- Uninstall then re-installing spotify on My iPhone -> doesn't work
- Upgraded the Yamaha RX-V681 to the latest firmware -> doesn't work
- change the network settings to use a static IP (instead of DHCP) and the google DNS 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52 -> doesn't work
- execute a hard reset of the amplifier: Hold the "Straight" button while pushing the "Power" button and chose "Init ALL" -> This doesn't work either
The point is that Spotify Connect works on my PC (Win 8.1). I mean: I'am able to launch music from my Iphone or Ipad to my PC WITH Spotify Connect.
My PC like the amplifier (RX-V681) is connected to the local network with wire. So it can't be a network problem since Spotify Connect do work on the PC as stated in my previous sentence.
- Has there been an upgrade of the Spotify Connect protocol recently ?
- How can I know if the Spotify version of the amplifier is always compatible with the Spotify Connect protocol ?
- Is there a way to upgrade the Spotify app embeded in the amplifier if needed ?
- Any other ideas ?
Thanks in advance for your help !
Solved! Go to Solution.
Problem solved !
It came from the firewall of my gateway that blocks outbound connexions with the setting set to maximum security.
Once this was changed to the medium level, the amplifier worked well with spotify connect.
There is still something weird: I have now set back the level to "maximum security" and it still works.
It's like the gateway has cached this connexion and allows it even when the outbound traffic is blocked (due to the "maximum security" level)
Any ideas ?
There are some infos on this post to be able to create rules that allow outbound traffic to Spotify even with the security level of the firewall set to "Maximum security":