Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect problems since firmware update Heos 7 hs2

Solved!

Spotify connect problems since firmware update Heos 7 hs2

I own a pair of Denon Heos 7 hs2 speakers with spotify connect. Spotify has worked flawlessly over the past 5 years. 

Last week the speakers received a firmware update to version 2.71.410 and since then playback and track skip actions in the spotify app (through connect) are registered only after 10 seconds by the speaker. Pausing and playing is still instant. it seems like the speakers are buffering (new) songs and taking their time doing it. 

I have no problems with these speakers while using other streaming services and my setup hasnt changed at all. I tried:

Contacting denon support

Disconnecting Denon HEOS from my spotify account and reconnecting

Logging out of all spotify sessions

Using multiple devices (ios/android/windows) and spotify accounts to connect to the speaker

Resetting the speakers to factory default and reconfiguring them

connecting the speakers through an ethernet connection

to no avail, please help

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Today the problem was solved somewhat magically? I had to power-cycle all devices in our house due to some electrical work and after rebooting everything is working as it's supposed to. Thanks for all the help.

@Joan, the past month I didn't experience these problems while streaming to other spotify connect devices (i.e. Sonos)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Laserbaard,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

As a next step, would it be possible to connect your speakers to a different network (preferably by a different provider) like a hotspot on your phone, so we can narrow down the possible cause of the issue?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem.

Hey there @Laserbaard

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you perform a clean reinstall by following these specific steps on your devices to see if they make the difference?  

If the issue persists, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your devices to check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Unfortunately both tips didnt fix the problem…

Hey @Laserbaard,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'd also like to know if you have any 3-rd party apps connected. If yes, could you try to disconnect them to see if this will change the behavior?

If the issues persists, could you please share with us short video of what is happening exactly on your end? Any additional info such as the make, model and OS of your device would also helps us investigate this further. Don't forget to add the Spotify version you're currently running as well.

We'll be on the lookout. 

LyubkaModerator

Thanks, I removed all the connected apps from my spotify account to no avail. I uploaded a video to youtube detailing the problem, hopefully it helps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf-HNpChXAI&ab_channel=Laserbaard

Hi @Laserbaard,

Thanks for the video. Does this issue occur with any other Connect devices or just these speakers? Also, please provide the device information requested by @Lyubka, that would be very helpful.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Today the problem was solved somewhat magically? I had to power-cycle all devices in our house due to some electrical work and after rebooting everything is working as it's supposed to. Thanks for all the help.

@Joan, the past month I didn't experience these problems while streaming to other spotify connect devices (i.e. Sonos)

Suggested posts