Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps pausing

Spotify keeps pausing

I'm on a Chromebook using the webplayer and with every song it pauses after about 20 to 30  seconds every time. If you skip forward in the song it plays again for another 30 seconds or so then pauses again.

On my Mac Spotify is running fine so looks like a Web Player thing.

24 Replies

Hey @ckurir,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you try removing your Spotify desktop and mobile cached data to see if that helps? It's possible that some of the cached data might be causing trouble.

It's also a good idea to check your 3rd party apps that are connected to your profile here and if you see the speaker unlink and link it again to refresh the connection.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Thanks!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is not working after I deleted cache. I then deleted the app and reinstalled. Same problem.i tried my wife's and sons phone too. We have a family subscription. But every time I press play it just go to next song and pause 

I now see it is also a problem on Chromecast.

I guess it will be cheaper to change to another supplier then but new speakers, which also may not work 🤔

Hi again @ckurir,

Thanks for the heads-up.

We suggest that you log out everywhere. You'll find this option by scrolling down here. Afterwards, restart your devices and let us know if this helps.

In case it doesn't, send us a video where we can take a better look at this issue. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be here standing by.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Nothing helped. But 1-2 weeks ago it suddenly worked again. Maybe a Spotify update?

Hey @ckurir,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

A new update was recently released, so it's possible that the update fixed this pausing issue. We're glad to know that everything is working fine by now.

We appreciate the time you took following the troubleshooting steps and sharing the solution.

In case you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask, the Community will be here for you.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts