USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version 

Instagram Version

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify app to Instagram for a story, Spotify brings me to a screen where I can see the track title, artist, art, etc. However, when I tap the Instagram story icon to share, it just reloads and takes me back to the same screen; it also says "Unsupported Browser" when I tap More.

Both applications have all permissions allowed and are up-to-date as of 11/19/2022.

Screenshot_20221119_093509_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221119_093520_Android System.jpg
71 Replies

Sorry for the delay!

• Spotify version: 8.7.84.382
  • Instagram version: 262.0.0.0.6 9 
  • Device: Google Pixel 6a

Hey there @Marytsah

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, as @Dian mentioned, a screen recording of the issue happening would be very helpful. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it). We'll take a closer look. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

https://drive.google.com/file/d/114bMT7pAaaakC4EJcAblrY_SxWvKN7gu/view?usp=drivesdk

Unfortunately, I do not have another device or account I can use.

Hey @D4ng3rD4v3,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you switch the privacy settings of the Google Drive link to "anyone with a link" or upload the recording to YouTube instead?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi there. I too am having the same problem. I use Spotify on a Pixel 6. When I try to share a song on Instagram stories, nothing happens. I can share songs on other apps and via direct message on Instagram. The app remains unresponsive everytime that I try to share a song on Instagram stories. Had this problem for a week now. Uninstalled both apps, cleared cache. Now I am here. Thanks in advance for your attention to this bug.

Hey folks,

Thanks for all the detailed info shared.

@TheBadTrap, @messiest, we couldn't replicate this on our end. That being said, can you let us know the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried? This way we can better isolate this behavior.

On another note, we'd like to check: is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, meanwhile, we'd also suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account. We'd also suggest making sure the Instagram app is up to date and to log out and log in to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Happens across all internet connections: WiFi, 4G LTE, 5G, with no difference in how it works. Did the double logout/login on Spotify (hasn't helped yet) and continually update both apps.

Troubleshooting steps have included:

• Logging in and out of both fully updated Spotify and Instagram apps multiple times.
  • Reinstalling both apps multiple times.
  • Joining Instagram's beta mode, testing it there (still failed), logged in and out multiple times on the beta mode app. Still not working.
  • Left Instagram's beta mode, tested and failed on the normal "public" app. Logged in and out of the normal app multiple times again. Not working.
  • Switched between two Instagram accounts, sometimes with both logged in on the app, sometimes with only one account logged in at a time — no success.
  • Cleared both apps' caches. No sucess.

I think I've had it happen before recently and it just, like, resolved itself eventually. No idea how. But nothing seems to be working this time around. Appreciate the attempt to diagnose thus far!

Sorry! Permissions have been updated.

Spotify premium

pixel 6a

android 13 

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22+

Operating System

Android 13 / Samsung One UI 5

Spotify Version: 8.7.86.422

Instagram Version: 261.0.0.21.111

Every time I try to share my music through Instagram Stories, the app crashes / doesn't allow me to share it. I have tried clean reinstalling both apps but it doesn't work. I will attach a video link and screenshots

Screenshot_20221130_165920_Android System.jpg

Same issue here, Pixel 4A, clean install of both apps, updated both apps, updated system software. when i try to share a song from spotify to instagram stories it looks like it tries to swap over to the instagram page and then it just reverts back to the original spotify share page with no change.

same thing happening with me rn

I'm having this issue too. I have a Pixel 7. Haven't been able to share any songs to IG for a couple weeks but can share to Facebook. 

Hey there!

I have tried each of the same steps as @messiest mentioned. Clean reinstalls of both apps multiple times, logging out/in multiple times, different Instagram accounts, and cleared caches. Just tried again on different internet connections (5G, WiFi, etc.) with no effect. 

Hey everyone,

As we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end, can you please share your device model, OS, Spotify and Instagram versions (if you haven't already) along with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, so we can relay this to the relevant team?

Cheers!

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@MihailY

Plan - Premium

Country - United Kingdom

Device - Samsung Galaxy S22+

Operating - System Android 13 / Samsung One UI 5

Spotify Version: 8.7.86.422

Instagram Version: 261.0.0.21.111

I have tried each of the same steps previously mentioned such as clean reinstalls of both apps multiple times, logging out/in multiple times, different Instagram accounts, and cleared caches. Just tried again on different internet connections (5G, WiFi, etc.) with no effect.

@MihailY wrote:

Hey everyone,

As we haven't been able to reproduce this on our end, can you please share your device model, OS, Spotify and Instagram versions (if you haven't already) along with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, so we can relay this to the relevant team?

Here's a video of me being unable to share on stories 

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and the Community and for all the info shared.

In this case, to continue investigating this further, we'll need the following info, so we can further this info to the right team:

• Make/model and OS of the affected device
  • Spotify version and Instagram version you have running
  • All the troubleshooting you've tried
  • A video recording of this behavior

You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Note: If you're new to this thread and you noticed this behavior recently, be aware, we’ll need every single detail in the list above, so our tech team can investigate further. If perhaps you've already posted, but you didn't send all this info, no worries, please reply again with the remaining details. If you kindly sent us everything, you don't need to post the info again 🙂

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I literally just posted that information earlier in the thread....

@Lyubka

I am facing the same problem. 

Spotify version 8.7.88.496

Instagram version 261.0.0.21.111

Android 13

Samsung galaxy m53

Please solve it. I can share the song everywhere except Instagram story.

I have tried reseting my phone, reinstalling both apps, different instagram and Spotify accounts, clear cache, network switching, every possible way that came to my mind. Please solve it from your end. I have another Samsung phone of android 12. For it, in the same accounts, the sharing works completely fine.

Suggested posts