USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android 13

Spotify Version 

Instagram Version

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to share a song from the Spotify app to Instagram for a story, Spotify brings me to a screen where I can see the track title, artist, art, etc. However, when I tap the Instagram story icon to share, it just reloads and takes me back to the same screen; it also says "Unsupported Browser" when I tap More.

Both applications have all permissions allowed and are up-to-date as of 11/19/2022.

Screenshot_20221119_093509_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20221119_093520_Android System.jpg
Top Answer
AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and the Community and for all the info shared.

In this case, to continue investigating this further, we'll need the following info, so we can further this info to the right team:

• Make/model and OS of the affected device
  • Spotify version and Instagram version you have running
  • All the troubleshooting you've tried
  • A video recording of this behavior

You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Note: If you're new to this thread and you noticed this behavior recently, be aware, we’ll need every single detail in the list above, so our tech team can investigate further. If perhaps you've already posted, but you didn't send all this info, no worries, please reply again with the remaining details. If you kindly sent us everything, you don't need to post the info again 🙂

Keep us in the loop!

71 Replies

Same for me. 

Clean Reinstalling both spotify and instagram does not fixed it for me.

Device: Pixel 5

Android version: 13

Spotify version: 8.7.78.377

Instagram Version: 259.1.0.29.104

Same problem, S22 Ultra. Latest IG and Spotify build.

Problem started since yesterday, after pressing share to story via Spotify, screen flickers for a bit and goes back to the share option in Spotify.

Clear cache, storage, reinstalling both Spotify and Instagram doesn't work. Share to facebook stories works tho. 

Device: Pixel 5

Android version: 13

Spotify version: 8.7.78.377

Instagram Version: 259.1.0.29.104

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share a short screen recording of the issue occurring on your end? This will help us a lot.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi there @vhao,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that sharing stories is not working. Can you try logging out and back in from Spotify twice in a row and the re-logging into Instagram. It sounds a bit weird, but this will force sync your account to the servers.

If that doesn't work, can you clarify if your phone opens up Instagram and then flickers or it just stays on Spotify?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Alex,

Relogging to Spotify twice in a row with Instagram pre-logged out, and then logged in back to Instagram does not solve the issue.

When I press the share button, the phone screen went blank for a while and goes back to Spotify share screen, as if it is trying to launch Instagram.

However, checking the phone task manager, Instagram is not launched even after pressing the share button (provided Instagram is not open before)

Also, it does not work even if I have Instagram prelaunched, or have Instagram story camera prelaunched, and then hit the share story button on Spotify.

Hey there @vhao,

Thanks for the reply.

We tried reproducing this on our end on a couple of devices, but sharing to Instagram stories works, so it's not a global issue and it might be related to your device or account. 

Can you let us know if sharing works via Link or Instagram Direct message?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Sharing to Facebook story, Facebook posts, Instagram's direct message works, I just don't know why it is just Instagram story that does not work for me.

Thank you very much.

Hey @vhao,

Thank you for letting us know!
Could you clear your cached data as shown in this article to see if that makes a difference?
If the issue persists afterwards, make sure the Instagram app is updated to the latest version and check if doing a complete clean reinstall of the Spotify app helps.
We'll be on the lookout for your response! 🙂

VasilModerator

Hi Vasil,

Apparently, a visit on Reddit shows a spike of Google Pixel users havings the same issue, I've followed one of the solution by downgrade my Instagram to a earlier version and it solved the problem.

I have a screen recording I can offer — Google Pixel 6a. Tried clearing caches, updating apps, reinstalling apps, joining and leaving Instagram Beta, etc. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S22

Operating System

Android (Version 13)

Same issue. I can share to Instagram messages fine but pressing Stories brings up Instagram for just a split second and then it closes back to Spotify's Share menu. Screen recording attached.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for the replies with screen recordings! 

In order for us to investigate this further, we'd also need both the Spotify version & the Instagram version you're currently running on your device. We can then relay the information to our tech team. 

Sharing any additional details (such as device's make, model and OS) will be very helpful to our investigation as well. 

We'll be on the look for your replies.

LyubkaModerator

No problem!

Spotify Version: 8.7.82.94

Instagram Version: 262.0.0.0.6 9

Device: Samsung Galaxy S22

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

Hi,

i have the same issue but also having troubles sharing tweets in an Instagram story -> screen flickers and nothing els happens. So it seems to be an Instagram issue.

Iam using a Pixel 7 Pro

Hey @vhao,

I'm having the same issue with my Pixel 6. Was wondering whether you could share with me the version of apps you got the stories to work with - I've tried downgrading Instagram but it still doesn't work

Update on this - I've further downgraded my Instagram app and it finally works!

Instagram: 258.1.0.26.100

Spotify: 8.7.84.382

Android 13, Google Pixel 6

Above is a known-to-be-working set of conditions.

Hey folks,

Thanks for all you replies.

@TheBadTrap, thanks for all the detailed info you kindly sent us.

@messiest, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device along with the Instagram version?

Folks, if you continue experiencing this behavior, please send us the info @Lyubka mentioned above, along with a screen recording of said behavior. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Hey @D4ng3rD4v3,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try reproducing the issue with a different account on your device and if possible with a different mobile device as well? This'll help us further isolate the reasons for this experience.

A short screen recording of the experience would be helpful as well. You can either attach it to your reply or upload it to YouTube/Google Drive and post a link to it.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello I face the same issue on Samsung s22 5g. It reloads quickly and brings me back to the share screen

Very annoying

Suggested posts