Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect to Cambridge Audio Stream Magic

Solved!

Unable to connect to Cambridge Audio Stream Magic

I have a Premium Family account and since 2 days my Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6v1 does not connect to Spotify any more. Stream Magic displays message: "Spotify not logged in" and the Stream Magic cannot be selected as a device from laptop, phone or iPad.  I have the latest version of Spotify loaded and firmware updated on Stream Magic 6. Anybody a solution?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The following advice of Cambridge Audio helped me out:

I would recommend updating to the latest firmware. 

To do this, you need to enable early updates. 

To enable Early Updates, please navigate to the Webmin page of your unit by entering the IP address of the unit into an internet browser on the same network.
Your IP address can be identified by briefly pressing and holding the 'i' icon on the front panel of the unit.

Once you have navigated to the Webmin page, you can subscribe to early updates and the Connect App will prompt you for a firmware update. Please accept this and your unit will upgrade its firmware.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Same problem since a week. Spotify iOS App version 8.5.34.644, SM6 service pack v268-a-105. tried resetting, unplug power, disconnect re-connect but no result. No Spotify played songs during Christmas :-(. Ridiculous that Spotify Connect service was working and is no longer available on this high-quality music streamer.

Got a reply from Cambridge Audio: ‘This is something our engineering team is aware of - the latest version of Spotify seems to be the culprit.
We are working towards a fix.’

Hi Remco,

do you have the fix for this issue? or does it persist?

Matus
Marked as solution

The following advice of Cambridge Audio helped me out:

I would recommend updating to the latest firmware. 

To do this, you need to enable early updates. 

To enable Early Updates, please navigate to the Webmin page of your unit by entering the IP address of the unit into an internet browser on the same network.
Your IP address can be identified by briefly pressing and holding the 'i' icon on the front panel of the unit.

Once you have navigated to the Webmin page, you can subscribe to early updates and the Connect App will prompt you for a firmware update. Please accept this and your unit will upgrade its firmware.

Hello all, I'm too suddenly having a problem with connecting Spotify with my Stream Magic 6.

I tried everything I could find (firmware, reset to factory setting, deleted my Spotify app but nothing works.

Update: I reset my modem and that solved the problem

Hi,

here we are experiencing a similar problem, but resetting the modem did not work. Do you have any other recommendations on how to fix this? And how could this suddenly occur, has there been an update?

Same here.  But when i restart meshsystem tplink deco i can connect .

And when i start my NAS Synology 212j i can connect! Very strange???

Solution didnt help. I can connect to google nest. So i think the problem is by cambridge audio.

Suddenly it works again. So I think Cambridge audio updated the streamer

I suddenly got this problem last week. I have tried

- updating the iPhone app

- connecting wired and via wlan

- connecting using different routers

- checking the latest firmware on the StreamMagic

- contacting Cambridge Audio 
Cambridge Audio says that they have not made any changes on their side so it has to be Spotify. 
I am feeling very reluctant to buy a new device for top dollar when Spotify seem to have the habit of changing their interfaces regularly, rendering the ”supported” devices useless. 

I have also problems with Cambridge Audio CXN v2 Streamer. From time to time it stops. Currently, (3. April 2023) I cannot connect the whole day.

Firmware Version: V022-a-132+a

Spotify Version: (Mac Desktop) 1.2.8.923.g4f94fbf0d

Suggested posts