Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[playstation] Songs randomly stuttering on Playstation 5

[playstation] Songs randomly stuttering on Playstation 5

Ever since a PS5 system update last week, songs playback randomly stuttering after a they reach half the duration. I have tried deleting Spotify app and re-installing but did not help.

Happens both while in games and also just in the Spotify app.

9 Replies

Hi @Sp8ky!

Hmm, you can give the following steps a go to clear your PS5's cache, but note that you'll lose your settings, so you'll have to readjust them. To clear the cache:

1. Power off your PS5, then unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait 30 to 60 sec.
  2. Plug the cord back in and power on your PS5.

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Clearing the cache did not fix it. 

Maybe it lowered the repro rate but I am not very sure.

Hey @Sp8ky!

Something else you can test is changing the default MTU value in your PS5's network settings to 1450 or 1473. If you have a friend or a relative who also uses Spotify, you can ask them to log in to their account on your PS5 to see if the issue persists.

To check if it's a network related issue, you can try creating a mobile hotspot from your phone and connecting your PS5 to it, then streaming some music.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Still not fixed. I tried both 1450 and 1473 MTU.

Hey @Sp8ky,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

To keep investigating this issue, could you try with a different WiFi network to see if it makes any difference? You can also use a mobile data hotspot in case you don't have a different network available. This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am using ethernet cable to the console,not Wi-fi. And unfortunately mobile hotspot is not an option considering the instability and also high costs in germany.

At least the repro is lower even since you suggested to empty cache.

Hey @Sp8ky

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your PS5 to see if the issue persists using a different account?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ok I have an update:  If I had to guess it is related to RAM.

It mostly happens while playing RAM hungry games.

For example in Assassins creed game with huge maps this issue happens in ~ 1 out of 4 songs.
In COD Cold war it happens in ~1 out of 10 songs.

While listening in Main menu with no game running the issue almost never happens ( but I still had it a couple times)

Hi @Sp8ky

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. 

In this case, we suggest that you reach out to Sony customer support so they can take a closer look at this from their end and assist you further.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts