Premium

Country

NL

Device

All: macbook, iphone, windows

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

If I log in on any device, it doesn't recognize my family premium membership anymore incl playlists etc. Both accounts use the same gmail address, but it redirects me to the old free account only. 
Attached a screenshot as proof that I really am a premium member 🙂

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 10.07.43.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Welcome and thanks for posting your question here in the Spotify Community!

Every Spotify account should be connected to a unique email address.

It could still happen, though, that two Spotify accounts end up using the same email address if one is made using the option 'Sign up with your email address' while the other is created by clicking 'SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK' when they're being created: in fact, the email address used for the first procedure might coincide with the email address used for the second, and as result you'd have two different accounts with the same email address.

On these grounds, your Premium Family account should be accessible by either clicking 'LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK' or typing in the combination of your email address/account username and password at the Login page. If you're accessing your Free account as the result of one of the two methods, then the other method will most likely lead you to your Family account.

You can also receive further help when it comes to managing these two accounts by checking the section 'Write to us' in this support page article.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @tmpham1,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop 🙂

To answer your question, you'll find out whether your Premium account was created through Facebook by doing the following:

1. opening the Spotify desktop app (you can always download it here)
  2. clicking the downward arrow next to your username (top right corner) > Settings > Social.

If you see an option to Disconnect from Facebook, your account was not created through Facebook (but was connected to it). If you don't see this option, you can confirm that your Spotify account was created through Facebook instead.

If the Premium account you want to keep was created through Facebook but you'd now like to have Facebook disconnected from it so that you can log into it with an email address and a new password, there's two options you can consider:

1. You can make a playlist of all the music you'd like to keep from your Premium account, leave the Family plan (see Cancel or leave) you're part of with this account, then create a new account using the 'Sign up with your email address' way and have there all the music you'd like to keep from the old account. Check this Spotify Answer to find out about how this would work in greater detail. Lastly, you'll need to join the Family plan again (see Join a Premium Family plan).
  2. You can receive further help regarding keeping your current Premium account while having it disconnected from Facebook by checking the section 'Write to us' in this support page article.

Hope you'll find this helpful. We'll be here if you need us any further!

Mario Moderator

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed,

Welcome and thanks for posting your question here in the Spotify Community!

Every Spotify account should be connected to a unique email address.

It could still happen, though, that two Spotify accounts end up using the same email address if one is made using the option 'Sign up with your email address' while the other is created by clicking 'SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK' when they're being created: in fact, the email address used for the first procedure might coincide with the email address used for the second, and as result you'd have two different accounts with the same email address.

On these grounds, your Premium Family account should be accessible by either clicking 'LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK' or typing in the combination of your email address/account username and password at the Login page. If you're accessing your Free account as the result of one of the two methods, then the other method will most likely lead you to your Family account.

You can also receive further help when it comes to managing these two accounts by checking the section 'Write to us' in this support page article.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator

Hi 

Thank you for your reply, I can indeed log in via FB into premium!

Now that I want to disconnect my Spotify premium from FB, there's a disclaimer on your support page article saying it's not possible to disconnect if your account wat created via FB. How do I find out if it was? In other words, how can I double check that if I disconnect from FB, I don't lose my account + playlists etc?

My

Marked as solution

Hi @tmpham1,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop 🙂

To answer your question, you'll find out whether your Premium account was created through Facebook by doing the following:

1. opening the Spotify desktop app (you can always download it here)
  2. clicking the downward arrow next to your username (top right corner) > Settings > Social.

If you see an option to Disconnect from Facebook, your account was not created through Facebook (but was connected to it). If you don't see this option, you can confirm that your Spotify account was created through Facebook instead.

If the Premium account you want to keep was created through Facebook but you'd now like to have Facebook disconnected from it so that you can log into it with an email address and a new password, there's two options you can consider:

1. You can make a playlist of all the music you'd like to keep from your Premium account, leave the Family plan (see Cancel or leave) you're part of with this account, then create a new account using the 'Sign up with your email address' way and have there all the music you'd like to keep from the old account. Check this Spotify Answer to find out about how this would work in greater detail. Lastly, you'll need to join the Family plan again (see Join a Premium Family plan).
  2. You can receive further help regarding keeping your current Premium account while having it disconnected from Facebook by checking the section 'Write to us' in this support page article.

Hope you'll find this helpful. We'll be here if you need us any further!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario!
Thank you so much, this helps, I'll create a new account to get rid of both accounts with the same email address!

Hi @user-removed,

Glad to hear you've found this useful!

Keep us posted if you need any further help with this or anything else 🙂

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts