Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Add Family Members - Stuck in Captcha Loop!

Solved!

Cannot Add Family Members - Stuck in Captcha Loop!

have been a spotify premium user for years. decided over the weekend to upgrade to a family premium plan, so my kids can listen to their own music instead of bombarding my playlists with songs about bananas and toilets!

i have attempted to sign them up using the 'accept invite' link, but the captcha never 'catches' and keeps reloading the form. we've tried android tablets, iphones, my macbook and my PC. i've cleared browser cache and cookies and have tried different browsers, as well as private/incognito windows, but cannot get the captcha to 'catch' and allow my kids to complete the setup of their accounts.

i contacted spotify via 'chat' and their advice was to sign up my kids using facebook? like, i'm gonna get my 12-year old twins a facebook account just so they can use a service i am now paying for but cannot, essentially, use? no. thank you.

anyone else having these issue when trying to invite family members and finish the set-up/sign-up process?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @ivorbiggun,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties creating an account for your son.

Keep in mind that in order to sign up for an account, you'll need to enter a date of birth that meets the required age to use Spotify. You can check the sign up age limit for your country in our T&Cs. Entering a date of birth below the minimum age might result in the captcha loop you're currently experiencing.

When we have rolled out Spotify Kids in every market, users will be able to give parental consent to add children under the minimum required age to a Premium Family plan.

Right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets, but we hope to have it available in other markets soon! Head here if you want to read more about the Kids app.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey there @ashleyrebekah50,

Glad to have you on the Community! No worries, help's here 🙂

We'll be happy to help you manage your Family subscription so that you and your kids can enjoy Premium together!

First off, keep in mind that with Premium Family each member gets their own Spotify account. If your kids already have their own Spotify accounts, they can join by logging in to (or sign up for) their own account to open the invite. 

Just a heads-up, in order to register an account with us your kids must be of the minimum age specified in our T&Cs.

If you get an error message saying the invite is no longer valid, it may have expired. In this case the plan manager can create a new link by logging into their Family page and send it to family member.

The invitee should then head to spotify.com, click on Profile in the top right corner, and there click LOG OUT. After that, they can reopen the new invite link and log in again using the credentials for their own Spotify account (i.e., their email address and password).

For full information on Premium Family, we suggest checking out this support article.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator

Agree - the link just keeps spooling - nothing ever comes up - can’t even get to a page to invite a family member 

Hello @ba4ucla,

If you're having difficulties accessing your Family page, we first off recommend trying an incognito or private window. In case that doesn't do the trick, it'd be great if you could try it on another device and different network to see if that makes a difference.

In case none of the above tactics work, it would help us narrow the issue down if you could send us a screen recording or some screenshots of the steps you take and which error message you get.

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator

It has been a week since I upgraded to a Premium Family account, and I still cannot sign up my 12 year old children. Every signup method I try (phone, tablet, PC, windows), regardless of browser or incognito (and yes I've cleared cache and cookies) is stuck in a some kind of a captcha loop, where you validate you aren't a robot, verify the pictures, and when you click the green "Sign Up" button, it wipes the form and never completes the set-up.

I am extremely frustrated. I got a Spotify person on a chat last week who told me to sign my kids up for a Facebook account in order to bypass the Spotify signup form? That is an unacceptable solution!!!

SPOTIFY  - FIX THE CAPTCHA OR REMOVE COMPLETELY. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Hey @ashleyrebekah50 - help's here!

Do you mind confirming that your kids already have their own individual Spotify accounts?

If so, could you do the following:

1. Go to your account page.
  2. Select Premium Family in the menu on the left.
  3. Click ADD TO FAMILY PLAN.
  4. Click Invite to Premium.
  5. Select COPY LINK and pass it onto the person you’d like to invite
    Note: If the person is accepting the invite on the same device you sent it from, make sure you’ve logged out of your account page first.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need further help with this.

I am also getting the same problem - exactly!

Invited my son, added in all details, captcha keeps going around in a loop.

Tried on several pc browsers and 2 different phones - all the same.

Very disappointing.

PS if I have click on another traffic light I am going to go crazy!!

As a moderator I would have hoped that you might have read the first posting. 

I am in the same situation: I am trying to set up an account. The help pages clearly state that if your child does not have an account, that can be set up as part of the process of inviting them to a family group. So that is what we are trying to do. But the captcha goes into loop at the point of trying to set up an account.

So please focus on what everyone is saying is the problem! Sort out the captcha loop.

The only idea that came up through other searches that sounded sensible was removing all the clutter from the address bar that comes over with the invite link. By stripping the url back to the basic spotify signup link I hoped that might allow me to move past the captcha loop, but no such luck.

Marked as solution

Hello @ivorbiggun,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties creating an account for your son.

Keep in mind that in order to sign up for an account, you'll need to enter a date of birth that meets the required age to use Spotify. You can check the sign up age limit for your country in our T&Cs. Entering a date of birth below the minimum age might result in the captcha loop you're currently experiencing.

When we have rolled out Spotify Kids in every market, users will be able to give parental consent to add children under the minimum required age to a Premium Family plan.

Right now, the Spotify Kids app is only available in a few select markets, but we hope to have it available in other markets soon! Head here if you want to read more about the Kids app.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator

Thanks Xenia. The T&Cs specify the kids app is for 12 and under. That is clearly the problem. Tried again for my wife and all worked fine. Such a shame that Shazam can't make the tiny little fix to highlight what the issue is, rather than pushing people around in circles. That is a standard feature on thousands of sites for many years, where forms not correctly filled in prompt messages to highlight the areas that need to be added or changed etc. Anyhoo, at least I understand the problem now. 

Thanks for the response, T.

Hey there folks,

@ivorbiggun - Thanks for keeping us in the loop and glad to hear that @Xenia's reply helped! 

If seeing a highlighting error indicator when filling in the signup form is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend showing your support in the Ideas Exchange. You can find more info on how to get started on that in this Spotify Answer.

@ashleyrebekah50 - you mention that the CAPTCHA is not loading properly when trying to go through the steps to create an account for your kids.

Just to confirm, are you able to see this page properly working when you try to verify and click submit that "I'm not a robot"?

If you can see it and verify with no issues, we'd recommend making sure that the year you enter for each account meets our minimum age requirements - you can read @Xenia's message above to find more info on this.

However, if you're having troubles viewing that page at all, we'd suggest trying the following:

• Make sure that any ad blockers or other extensions on your browser are not blocking CAPTCHA verification. You might want to try temporarily disabling them and trying again in that case.
  • Connect to a different internet connection. Some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. You can contact those responsible for managing the network for more information. 

In the meanwhile, we hope you don't mind us marking @Xenia's post as the solution so users with a similar issue looking for a solution can come across it more easily.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So I am clearly one of many people that cannot get past this stupid CAPTCHA thing. 

I have spent hours reading advice. I have so far: 

• gone icognito
  • hotspotted my phone to use 4G
  • chosen different networks
  • used different android devices
  • used different laptops
  • logging out of all other accounts
  • tested the demo version of CAPTCHA
  • reset my IP address
  • used a VPN
  • ensured my child is the minimum age
  • reduced the length of the URL 

What else is there to do!!! I refuse to create a facebook account for my child yet. Surely the problem is with CAPTCHA not us the plentiful users!!!

Find me an alternative solution please moderators! I have been trying this for 2 weeks now! Oh and of course CAPTCHA works perfectly to post this so why not for a new account!!??

Hey there @warwickf,

Thanks for sharing this and adding these details!

So we can take a closer look into what's happening, it'd be very helpful if you could share a screenshot of what you see when trying to sign up for an account, including any error messages you see.

Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info visible in your screenshots.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts