Premium family

Country

Norway

Device

PC / Huawei p30 pro / google pixel 6 pro

Operating System

Windows 11 / Android

My Question or Issue

I've upgraded my account to family premium, but when I go to Manage plan and add kids account, I get a blank page with a back button. I've tried chrome, firefox and incognito mode. 

Tried downloading the Spotify Kids app on the kid's phone (huawei p30 pro) and it's not in Google Play store. Tried downloading it on my Google phone and it's not in the store. 

Tried making an account for him directly but he doesn't fulfill the age requirements. 

So is the only way to make a normal account and lie on the age??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @caeleth,

Thanks for the post.

The Spotify Kids app is currently not available in Norway, which is why you get the blank page when trying to download it. The minimum age for signup in Norway is 13 and too sign-up for Spotify, customers are required to meet the minimum age in their market.

@Chibishu, the case is most likely the same with your issue. If you let us know the country of your account, we can check if the Kids app is available there.

Hope this information clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I`m running into the same problem. and i`m leaning to lie about the age to. and thats weird bc the option is there.

I.v treid it on IOS, Safari and Chrome. And Windows on Chrome browser. all give a blank screen with a black button.

Marked as solution

Hey there @caeleth,

Thanks for the post.

The Spotify Kids app is currently not available in Norway, which is why you get the blank page when trying to download it. The minimum age for signup in Norway is 13 and too sign-up for Spotify, customers are required to meet the minimum age in their market.

@Chibishu, the case is most likely the same with your issue. If you let us know the country of your account, we can check if the Kids app is available there.

Hope this information clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for clearing that up Alex!

I will say it's pretty ridiculous to have the option of making a family account, which generally means with children since it's only allowed for people living on the same address, and then NOT HAVING accounts for children... I especially love the way there's no information about this anywhere, not even after you've paid. Fantastic user friendliness. 

Thanks for the clarification for Norway; however what is the reason for not offering Spotify Kids in Norway? Is it a Spotify decision or is it due to Norwegian laws?

Suggested posts