Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Windows, Android

Operating System

Windows, Android

My Question or Issue

I recently moved countries to Canada to be with my wife. I was previously in the USA, and i cant change the country to Canada. We want to start Duo together, but because i cant change my country, its not letting us sign up together. We have tried to change it using the method in the FAQ (by changing my card to be a Canadian payment method), but regardless it wont let me change my region until the plan renews. I don't feel i should have to wait for our subscription to renew, just for me and my wife to have to pay twice when we just want to be on the same plan.

We also tried to cancel my subscription so I could change it to Canada from there as well, but regardless it doesnt let me. Is there anything we can do that will unlock the region so i can use Duo with my wife? Thanks!

1 Reply

Hey there, @mrgamblinman,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

As you already mentioned, the country setting will only update on the next billing date (when your plan renews). 🙂

Alternatively, you can cancel your subscription and wait for it to end. Once it has ended, you'll be able to update your country setting at https://spotify.com/account through a drop-down menu.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts