Premium DUO

Country

Denmark

Device

Pocofone

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My sister has sent me an invite to her duo plan she set up today and I have tried over the past few hours to set it up. When I enter our home address I just get the error  "There was a problem    Please try again later." This is been happening all day. I know for a fact I am using the right address. I tried it on my phone, I tried it on my pc, I tried it in incognito, on wifi/mobile data. wth Spotify? Confirm my address.

40 Replies

We are literally sitting next to each other, in the exact address listed on the Duo account. Please find attached screenshot of the error (In German) which translates to "You must have the same address, it seems like you want to use Duo from another country."

Spotify_bug.jpg

Hey @ssyatss,

Thanks for the screenshot.

This error means, that there is some discrepancy between the country settings on both accounts. Do you mind comparing the settings and changing them to match as described on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey, I'm having the same issue. I've tried on multiple devices and incognito mode. I was next to my mother when I entered our home address, clicked "find address" and got the same address. However, when She follows the invite link and enter exactly the same address she just gets the error message.

"It looks like you’re trying to join Duo from a different country. Duo is only available for couples that live together. Try again when you’re at the same address."

Please, help. 

Hey @Camicc,

Thanks for the reply.

This error message means, that the country settings of the accounts are not matching.

Your mother needs to check the country settings of her account and you - yours. They should match. Here is how to do that.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

hello,

when my wife clicks on the invite link i send her, it tells her that she lives at a different address which is not the case.

we are doing everything from the same place and it is the address entered in DUO.

what can i do?

Hey there @mambo3878,

Thanks for the post.

Note that the country of your account needs to match the country you're currently residing in. The country of the account of your partner needs to match that as well.

Also, make sure that the address set on your account (The Duo manager account) matches exactly the one your partner is entering when accepting the invitation.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem. Cannot add my wide to Premium Duo plan.

Iam using Spotify via Facebook account login. I could not find the way how to insert my address in Spotify, neither I can do it in Facebook. I think that is the reason why this account mergeing is never going to happen. 

Could you please give a reasonable and quick solution for this?

Hey @MeelisMaamagi,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

You cant do it via Facebook. First, you'll need to invite your wife, then she'll need to accept the invitation and put the right address. Once you do that, she'll be part of the discounted plan.

Here is more info on how to invite a plan member. We'd also suggest to check out this article to make sure that you do the address verification successfully. 

Hope this help. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

I invited my wife, she accepted the invitation, I entered in the exact same address while looking at my account and entered it in correctly, and am received an error message to “try a different address”. We’re sitting next to one another, the address is correct, and it’s not working. 

Hey @AChenoa,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we'd recommend that you update the address on the plan manager's account page and send the invitation link again.

Please note that if your wife is accepting your invite from the same device you've sent it, you'd need to make sure that you're logged out of your Spotify account. 

On another note, we usually suggest opening the link in an incognito or private window in the browser to avoid any issues caused by the saved cache or cookies.

Here you can find more info about address verification for Duo Plan as well. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator

My sister and I are literally next to each other. We tried everything mentioned in this thread and nothing is working. " you must be in the same address " 

I've tried all of this and nothing works. Went into the account and re-entered my address, resent invite and it still won't work. Physically sitting in the house on same network and it won't work. Cleared cache, logout and back in, nothing works. Getting to the point where I want to erase spotify completely. 

Hi there @clone7673,

Thanks for the post.

Spotify is aware of this issue and our developers are working on a fix as we speak. In the meantime, we're collecting data on affected users, which will help speed up the process. 

Can you tell us the following info:

• What plan are you currently on - free, Premium Individual etc.?
  • What is the country of your account?
  • When did you first encounter the error message?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena! Can you help me with this? I copy and paste the same adress of my husband, who sent me the family invitation and the App says its no the same!

Same issue in 2023! Premium account switching to Premium Duo account. Want to add a family member who is currently using a Spotify free account. We are sitting next to each other, the same address being typed in but the address on the free account when invite is sent is not being accepted. We have cleared cache, used android/PC sites, added a vpn, refreshed the invitation. Nothing seems to work. This is so frustrating.

hello!! I have the same problem, I cannot add the other people and I have already done all the steps indicated here

i’ve received the link from the duo plan creator and i go to verify my address and then it shows problem has occurred

Hej, i have the same problem, my wife cant joint and keeps insisting we are trying to join from another country, even so the adress is the same, snd we do live in the same house, would be nice to have a working solution

Hi there, 

I am also having an issue being added to a duo plan. My partner and I live together. I even cancelled my duo plan and removed him so I could be added to his. I have tried several different browser types. I have tried two different devices, my phone and my pc. I only have one network so having to leave my home to find a new one seems ridiculous to me. I have tried on the wifi and on the lte. I have tried incognito mode. He has tried sending the link more than once. It won't work. Here is the error message I am getting. Can you please help? 

problem.jpg

Same issue as everyone. Have set up an invite from my wife's account to me, accept the invite, enter the same address as her but then get told that it seems like we are in a different country from one another.  Have been battling with this issue for a few days now and so will be charged for a Duo account that we cannot use as a duo account.  To see if there was an alternative route, I set up my one Spotify account, started a Duo contract on there, invited my wife, but got the same issue. I have now been told on the automessanger that I cannot cancel this new duo contract until 2 February, which means that I will be charged for a duo account that I am not using.  So double charge, and no signs of fixing the issue. HELP!

Suggested posts