Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I got an email saying I have to reverify myself as a student. I have clicked on the link to do so, but it takes me to the page advertising Hulu and newly added Showtime. I can't figure out how to reverify my account!

2018-08-30 (2).png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @caitlintran,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Please keep in mind that the discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible.

If you've exceeded 4 years of availing the discounted rate, you won't be eligible to renew the discount on your account. 

If that doesn't help, we'd recommend reaching out to one of our support channels by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Hey there @Kreap,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

In this case, we'd recommend copying the link provided in the email to extend your discount and opening it in an incognito or private window in your browser.

Once you've opened that link, you should be prompted to log in to your Spotify account and proceed with the steps to renew your discount.

Let us know how it goes!

KaterinaModerator

Hi @Katerina! I tried opening in incognito and this solution didn't work for me. I just got the email asking to verify again and that I would lose it in 7 days.

Hello 🙂

Can you pleae try this link to reach student verification page and see if it works. Keep us updated and have a nice day 🙂

Sadly, that link does not work either. I'm just being sent to my normal Account Overview page with this module on the right.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 11.50.05 PM.png

You can renew your student plan up to 3 times. Is there any chance you capped this limit ? 🙂

Oh, good to know! My first Spotify Student billing was 1/25/16 so this coming renewal would only be my third one.

Marked as solution

Hey again @caitlintran,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Please keep in mind that the discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible.

If you've exceeded 4 years of availing the discounted rate, you won't be eligible to renew the discount on your account. 

If that doesn't help, we'd recommend reaching out to one of our support channels by following the link here. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

This is the same situation I am in but I have not renewed 3 times.  This would be my first renewal of the student discount and the link does not let me renew my subscription for students.

Please asssit in helping me renew my student account.

screenshot-www.spotify.com-2019.07.15-17_40_22.png

Hi,

I verified my student status in May last year to avail myself of the student discount. I still have a month before I need to renew. However, I can't find the page where we can reverify. Despite still having a month, I've been told that I'm not eligible for the student discount?  I've tried opening the link in incognito and on different devices. Nothing seems to work.

Any solution is much appreciated.

Hi @meanieginie,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

We recommend that you check your email's inbox (including Spam and Junk folders) and look for an email sent by SheerID. In said email, you should be able to follow the steps to renew your discount. 

If you don't find it, apply for it again from this link. In case something still goes wrong with the process, you can get in touch with SheerID here.

Let us know how it goes. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Unfortunately none of the "solutions" here have been found to be fruitful. Spotify, I'm not sure if you're understanding the issue. We are receiving an email that says "In a month's time, your Premium Student with Hulu and SHOWTIME plan expires. To keep your student discount, you need to reverify that you’re enrolled in an accredited college or university. Click here to reverify now." But the link (https://www.spotify.com/us/student/?splot=0h4azJf8TkKXUvxu-gbaAA) takes us to a page that mentions nothing of the sort on reverifying student status. Please provide a more worthwhile solution.

Hi @reactionmechanisms,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

In this case, could you open said link on an incognito window (only on PC/laptop) and tell us if the issue persists? If so, send us over a short video showing this issue.

Lastly, we suggest that you apply for the discount directly from the main page and check you have any inconveniences. 

Remember we'll be here waiting for your reply. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I am having the same issue - this would be my first renewal. 

I click the link in the email, it takes me to a page saying that I already have Spotify Student, and that's it. If I go to the link in incognito, or try it from the main page it takes me to my account, which again takes me to the same page telling me I already have Spotify Student. 

I know I already have Spotify Student - I want to renew it. 

Hey @marzbeast,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

If you are clicking on the link in the expiration reminder email and you're seeing a message, that you already have an active student discount, it'll mean, that the email reminder may still be very fresh and you need to wait few days to pass and try again. The email reminder is sent approximately one month before the expiration, but the reactivation timeframe is somewhat shorter. Could you check if this is the case on your end by looking at the date the email reminder was received?

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

After coming here for a solution to the same problem, nothing in this thread has solved the issue. Can a moderator please reach out for a solid link that allows users to verify their accounts!

Hey @Sk3ll01!

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Community!

Can you let us know if you're trying to start a Student subscription or if you're trying to renew your current one? We'd also need to know what steps you've tried so far and if you get any error messages?

If you are trying to renew, you can do that from your account page just before your discount expires, the link is personalized, so we can't send it from our end.  Note: If your discount expires before you renew, go to CHANGE PLAN on your account page and choose Premium Student.

If you're trying to start a new Student plan you can start here. If you have trouble with the verification, you can check this page out.

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator

There is no place for me to renew my account on my profile page. And the link emailed to me only sends me to a page describing the student plan service. My student discount expires on August 4th. Is there anything else that can be done?

(The incognito solution did not work either)

Hey @Sk3ll01,

Thanks for the reply.

You'd first have to verify your student status with SheerID. You'll receive a link per email afterwards with which you'll be able to activate the Student Premium subscription.

Have you verified your student status with SheerID? If you have trouble doing that, check out this page.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

THIS!!!! I AM BEYOND CONFUSED AND THEY ARE NOT HELPING!!!

Suggested posts