Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upset

Solved!

Upset

I'm very upset with the new condom adds I'm getting on spotify... I hated the adds in the first place but this and the non stop glitches are the final straw... there are kids on this program... I will be uninstalling spotify as well as telling all my friends about this... don't come back with: " well if you would buy spotify premium you won't have to listen to the adds" because I'm not waisting a single dime on this program.... I'd rather spend a dollar per song on itunes

246 Replies

Condom ads - not cool.

There should be a way to mark questionable or Adult ads as offensive. At the very least, adult ads should never play on someone's account if they are under 21 (Spotify knows this through Facebook).

I too just heard this ad and I was babysitting 10 children, most of whom are under the age of 12! PLEASE REMOVE this terribly offensive ad. If it can't be removed, please at least add an option to "thumbs down" ads that are offensive. I don't have a problem with ads being played, but the content should most definitely be appropriate for all listeners, no matter what age.

I will be leaving Spotify if this continues to be the sort of ads that are played. I don't want to listen to these, much less have someone else walk in the room and ask what I am listening to.

Thank you!

Please give us the option to choose the content of our ads. I have been bothered by Victoria's Secret images in the past, and this condom ad is even more offensive. I usually listen to Spotify at work, and this is ruining my experience. Reading about these people who have children that have been exposed, I am even more insistent that this problem needs to be addressed.

why pay them for being vulgar? Thats what they want, and that what i wont give.

I am 18 and i dont want to hear that crap! i have morals, here!

@ Quwhat: Suuure, let's REWARD these people for such vulgarity.  Sorry, not the way I work.  In fact, I'm now LESS likely to EVER pay for the service, especially when I can go pay Amazon a buck a song for the few songs I find worth wanting on my MP3 player- no subscription fees OR inappropriate ads.

I completely agree with the inappropriateness of the ads for children.

I'd like to add another spin. I listen at work, and those ads are a P.C. nightmare, no matter where you stand personally. This needs to be addressed.

Spotify,

Just one more voice--please remove the condom ads and stop any future questionable ones.  If you don't want to remove them, give us some way to opt out of questionable ads like these.  Yes, I'm older than 18, but my children aren't and it's not just me listening.  Though, I wouldn't want to hear them if it was just me.  And, it's not like tv/radio where you can mute it or change the channel while it plays--there's no way to get rid of it!

Hoping to never hear another condom ad again--and I'm willing to leave spotify to make it happen.  Hello Pandora!

It does not matter the age. I'm 25 and still don't want to hear this ad. I would especially not want to hear it if I was 15 or 16 or even younger. I hope enough people speak up about this and Spotify does something about it. This is entirely inappropriate. And I can't just mute it because it still has to play once unmuted. I just leave it on the lowest possible volume and leave the room. So dumb! 

Been listening al day, and i am glad to not hear any condom commercials. thanks.

Yeah I e-mailed spotify twice about the ad, I don't think they are gonna get back to me. So stupid!

I'm another voice of protest! I'm a 30-something that doesn't want to listen to this commercial, especially after then 100th time!! I allow my 6 year old daughter to listen to Disney albums  (my account), but now I'm scared that this commercial will come on and I will be fielding questions about it. I don't mind advertising and realize it's a necessity on an free program. However, please give us the option to reject a commercial that we find offensive or unrelated. The advertiser is wasting their money on me and only making me have a negative opinion of their brand. Therefore, not only does Spotify lose a listener, but a product gets placed in bad light.

so this is yet another spotify mess up where they're trying to charge you to protect your kids from inappropriate content?! 

looks like the corporate sellout-ing of spotify is nearly complete.

This could just be an honest mistake, we get chlamydia testing kits through the post whether you have teens in the house or not. If I had kids I'd rather they didnt know what they were until they were ready.   

I emailed them a couple days ago and got a response back today. I am actually pleased with their response. I told them also to take a look on here and take some of the ideas users have been coming up with.

Yep, i also got a reply back. it sounds like they are trying to do something about it!

@no-name wrote:

I'm very upset with the new condom adds I'm getting on spotify... I hated the adds in the first place but this and the non stop glitches are the final straw... there are kids on this program... I will be uninstalling spotify as well as telling all my friends about this... don't come back with: " well if you would buy spotify premium you won't have to listen to the adds" because I'm not waisting a single dime on this program.... I'd rather spend a dollar per song on itunes

I haven't been hearing this, mainly as I just renewed my premium subscription, but if so how appaling.

Maybe it isn't to bad to me - I'm 14, but I can understand. I go to secondary school, and everyone there uses it (albeit it these ads aren't really inappropriate for our age range).

Kids listen to this. You need a method to age restrict ads. An idea is coming.

Now there is a victoria secret ad, hmm, they need to rethink things

@chickenmusket wrote:

Now there is a victoria secret ad, hmm, they need to rethink things

Whats that?

What is scary is that Spotify assumes that if you are over 16 years old you are OK with vulgar content. How anyone at Spotify could have thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

I sent customer service a complaint and still have not heard anything back yet.  I really do not want to be using Spotify and have someone else hearing talk about sex and condoms blaring from my computer, not to mention I really do not want to see something lowly like that during my music even in private.

I'm not going to be givign Spotify my support till this is remedied.

Suggested posts