Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Music" section broken on Tizen watch

"Your Music" section broken on Tizen watch

Hi,

I have a problem with the Spotify app on the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 smartwatch. When I go to the "Your Music" section, both the "Your Collection" and "Your Playlists" menus are broken. They used to show different things but they both only seem to show the same playlists now.

Only 19 playlists show up. As you scroll down another page of items loads, however it just loads the same 19 playlists again and will do so infinitely loading the same page of 19 as you scroll down. It seems the playlists shown are the first 19 you see in "Custom order" on the PC. Frustratingly, pinned playlists aren't shown at all, which is particularly irritating since those are the ones you care most about. This also means you can't play your "Liked Songs".

So in essence there are three issues here:

1) "Your Collection" only shows playlists (I assume it is meant to show e.g. songs and/or albums)

2) "Your Playlists" doesn't show pinned playlists or "Liked Songs"

3) Both only load 1 page of items

I have a Premium account and the device is a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 with Tizen software version 5.5.0.2. Unfortunately the Spotify app itself does not specify its version number anywhere (going to Settings -> Info just brings up a couple of open source licenses).

Many thanks,

Tom  

60 Replies

there is ongoing issue with Spotify not showing any menu eg. playlist downloads, on certain Samsung watches. this needs to fixed at some point in time and feedback would be appreciated and there are numerous angry subscribers.

First, I tried to reinstall the app in both devices and I reboot my watch. At first, an option of independent and remote play was included in the app, but the remote option it didn't work. So then, I have upgraded the app in its last version of Galaxy Store and then, this option was deleted from settings. I can search and play song from my watch and connected with my phone via Bluetooth, but I would like to have my playlists in order to downloaded in my watch. I also deleted cache data, and it stil doesn't working. The version of Spotify is 2.5.44

Spotify app in samsung watch is showing only search and settings options it is not showing my playlists like it showed previously.When i uninstalled and retried same issue occured.I am having Premium account

Hey there!

I bought yesterday an active 2 watch just to use on my runs offline, it seemed like a great cheap option to do so, and here was my suprise when I open the Spotify app after to play my playlists...I can only see Search and Settings... I really hope they will fix it. Come on. But in the meantime here is what I did to work around it. 

I went in the search feature and searched for my playlists. I downloaded them. When I went on my run I launched my playlist from the search option. Of course it's not convenient if you want to change playlists while mooving, but if you just start one, it will work. I would suggest naming your playlist an easy name to find it quickly!

Emma, Quebec

Please remove my comments and solutions. I have decided I will be removing my premium account making my app/workaround obsolete.  After months of no interest from the other users; I will no longer be following this thread. Thanks.

I'm waiting for a update that fixes everything.

TNX for the help

Check out the spotify watch app reviews in galaxy store.

People have been complaining for literally over 5 years about the amount of bugs and glitches,  and they have still not been fixed.   Or any update issued any several years.   Spotify simply doesn't care about tizen anymore.

You'll be waiting a long time for this to be fixed.  Chances are it will never be fixed.  And the only solution would be to buy a wear os watch.

Ridiculous treatment of customers really.  Your 2021 watch is scrap.

Seriously though Spotify, why is it that you guys seemed to have purposely handicapped the tizen watch app for Samsung watches? If this was a free service for my watch honestly I would not mind, but as a paying subscriber to your premium service, just in order to use the watch app in the first place, is totally unacceptable. I honestly expect much better service from you guys.....

When I open Spotify on my Galaxy Watch I only see the Search and Preferences options, I don't see the My Music option, or My Library. I have a premium account

ye.. i have the same issue on my samsung fit 2 pro. Spotify opens and i log in ( i have a premium account aswell ) but i only see settings and search options, search is broken so i cant even play anything, and in settings there isnt anything useful.. hope this gets fixed

Facing the same issue. Can't find my playlists on my Samsung watch active 2. The spotify app menu is displaying only two options "search" and "settings". 

Plan / Premium

Country / US

Device / Samsung Galaxy Watch3

Operating System / Android latest on S24 Ultra

My Question or Issue

I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note s20+ to the Samsung Galaxy s24 Ultra. I noticed the Spotify App was not "syncing" or working quite right, something was off...  it did have all menu options but certain menu items once entering them... like playlist... just said "item not found".

It does make sense that since I got a new phone I should remove and re-install the Spotify App on the Galaxy Watch 3. After I completed the re-install and made sure I logged in correctly with my premium account now I only have the "Search and Settings" options. That's it!  And yes I am logged in with my Premium Account. 

The #1 reason I purchased the Watch 3 is to use Spotify at the Gym, Running and whatever... 

Any idea when will this issue be resolved?

If you search Reddit for the my same subject you find I am NOT the only one. 

Spotify Premium User

Galaxy watch 3 (Tizen)

Samsung S23U

As others users have already said, since upgrading my phone (in february 2024) I had to reinstall the Spotify app for watch. Now only "Settings" and "Search" appear, with no easy way of access my playlists and using for offline play. It's a shame that after two months of complains, there is no official answer from the Spotify devs.

Same issue here. Samsung Galaxy Active Watch w/ Galaxy s23 Ultra, upgraded the Spotify app and now it is showing only Search and Settings options. It's a shame. Push the release from 1 year ago. At least it was working with all the features, even if buggy sometimes.

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A24, but we're talking about my watch here - Samsung Galaxy Watch 3

Operating System

Android, latest version

Okay. Explain this to me. The whole point of the Spotify watch app was so that I can control my music remotely, right? Then why, for Chrissake, can I not? When I open the Galaxy Watch Spotify app, it only has two options, "search" and "settings". I had a playlist that was made specifically so that I can download it on my watch and go on afternoon walks WITHOUT my phone. But this? This beats the whole damn purpose! Now I have to bring my phone if I want to listen on-the-go, thereby rendering the watch app useless. Tell me, what is going on. Before you ask, I've restarted the watch, restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app on both devices already, and nothing has worked. Explain to me why the watch app has been reduced to this inexcusable joke of a program. Thank you.

And let's not repeat last time, where it took y'all almost a whole damn month to fix a simple bug. Luckily for your pockets, I'm only using Spotify because I have no other option. If there's a better idea that becomes unrestricted in my nation, I'm all for it. So please, fix it QUICK.

Yours truly,

曾积生

oh, and the keyboard can mess up my family name too. Amazing.

20240418_231041.jpg

I've had my own run-ins with Spotify's absolutely horrid customer service, actually not too long ago, just a few months ago. Which is funny, 'cause the app had never had an issue for the more than 5 years I've been using. Yes that's right, I've been using Spotify for two-fifths of my life, and only in the last few months did it have TWO issues.

THIS IS UTTERLY UNACCEPTABLE. The whole point i got a watch and Spotify on it in the first place was so that I can take afternoon walks without my phone. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! I've been using Premium for ages, and partially only because where I live, I have no other option. I've tried to reset, redownload, re-pair the damn watch and phone so many times I lost count, and it still does not work. This is beyond forgivable. Really, I've tried everything. If you're going to just answer "reset" or "update" again, SAVE IT. About time y'all realized that we've all done that if we're taking to the forums.

A BIT ABOUT MY PROBLEM:

Well, now Spotify only has a "search" and "settings" option. Don't even bother with search though, because after a while, it blacks out. Which renders this app useless, the only thing I can do is "go offline" and "log out". It worked fine for the 4 months I've had this watch, and 2 days ago I had a really fun and romantic walk in the park in the rain while listening to my favorite music. And yesterday, that's when it happened. By the way, Spotify still does know what song I'm listening to on my phone, but here's the catch - I can't do anything about it. I can't skip to next track, and I can't even pause it. The app is just beyond scrap now.

The picture below is what the watch menu looks like.

17135166918552225105575194971216.jpg

Premium User

Samsung Galaxy Watch Activee 2

Samsung S20 

Ive also notice Spotifiy latest released version for tizen had all sections removed except Settings and Search which makes.

the app unusable in offline mode, and since there is still an offline mode available on settings I can only assume this is not planned and is a bug. Reading this thread I see that the teams have very little interest in rolling a solution, so I would like to know if the teams are at least planning a rollback to a previous working version. If not, I will most likely cancel my subscription since this was basically my only use case for the app.

Okay, everyone, so I stumbled upon this article:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/FAQs/What-happened-to-the-Spotify-app-on-the-Samsung-Tizen-OS/ta-p/...

What it said is that, Spotify has basically intentionally made the app useless on Tizen OS. It would explain why they've been silent to pleas for help.

Why, just why? I haven't even had my watch for half a year, it was the best Christmas present ever! This was the feature I was looking forward to the most, and you ruin it like this? Come on! This is going to ruin my afternoon walks past this point. Might as well get an iPod.

I'm not 100% that this article is the truth, however I do see reason to believe so. At least inform by notification if you're going to do such deprecation.

EDIT: I've tried rolling back to versions as far back as a whole year ago, however the issues remain, it seems that the problem lies within the Tizen app. Good job, Spotify. You've ruined the sole promise that people spent money on this product. The only reason I'm not switching to something else is because unfortunately, 175000 per month is money I don't have. So go ahead, keep my damn Premium subscription.

Sincerely,

曾积生, Jonathan.

I have premium subscription and I used to listen offline music from my watch. But when I uninstalled and installed today, all the menus were not there like - recently played, featured playlist etc... now I only have Search & Settings. the problem is I cant access to playlist that I have recently listened and also, I have downloaded the playlist when i was connected online but when I am offline how do I access those playlist because now the search doesn't function

Seeing the same behaviour on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 3. Search and settings the only options.

Be good if we there was something official from Spotify if they have dropped support for this, which looks to be the case. At least then know to buy a new watch or cancel Spotify etc

Suggested posts